We are having som strange issues with how Archicad collects our licenses from our available pool.
We have a combination of physical CodeMeter-keys as well as software licenses. In our CodeMeter Admin we have set up a specific server search order, based on IP-addresses, so that we can keep tabs on our licenses within our group of companies.
What seems to happen though is that Archicad starts up, completely ignores the server search order priority and dives straight to the hardware keys. It is only when the licenses on those have all been reserved that it moves on to the software licenses.
Now, this may not seem like a big deal but we are relying on the server priority order to accurately track usage and need over three companies so for Archicad to go about getting a license in the most ignorant order possible means that something is not right.
Either there is some documentation about how the Codemeter licenses work that seem to have been misplaced somewhere...or the server search list is broken.
Does anyone have an idea of what this could be. We have tried different workarounds but so far nothing is helping.
I don't know this for sure as I only use network licenses and individual physical keys.
But for those that you want to use the software keys, I think you will have to remove the server IP addresses from the codemeter control centre list.
That way it may use the software key before it scans the network.
However, even if you don't have IP addresses in the list, Archicad (codemeter) will still try and scan the available network for any licenses, so maybe it won't work.
One of the forum moderators. Versions 6.5 to 25 Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10 Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10
Thank you very much for your question and I am very sorry about this issue!
We had a similar case before. The end result is it was a limitation on both Archicad and CodeMeter side:
The reason for this unexpected behavior is twofold:
- At startup, Archicad first looks for licenses on hardware keys, then on software keys
- CodeMeter's license lookup strategy seems somewhat speculative, in terms of that if a license request cannot be satisfied from a license server, it switches over to the next available one in a round-robin fashion
Our developers are still working closely with WIBU in order to find a common solution for this behavior. In the meantime, our only workaround is using only Software licenses or Hardware licenses if there are multiple license servers.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your understanding! Please let me know if there is anything unclear!
This seems to be a known issue so we will wait for an official solution (hoping it will arrive sooner rather than later). If you need any questions answered or if you need help in evaluating possible solutions, please do not hesitate to contact us.