BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Very long saving

Anonymous
Not applicable
version 23.4006.
Any project, including a completely empty file created from scratch, from a standard template and a standard profile, is saved for 20-30 seconds. The thing is that at home the same files, on exactly the same WIN7, with the same distribution kit are saved in 2-3 seconds, although the home computer is much older and much slower.
I am saved to a local disk.

I turned off the network, deleted libraries, erased everything in general - all types, layouts, publisher's sets.
5mb file - 26 sec. why?!

The problem is only in version 23. All other programs, including version 16, work without problems - they save smartly and quickly. Tell me which way to dig, what and where in the settings is not done correctly.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
The first thing I would do (and I can't say if it will help or not) is to update to the latest build - 6004.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
yucahupi wrote:
version 23.4006.
Any project, including a completely empty file created from scratch, from a standard template and a standard profile, is saved for 20-30 seconds. The thing is that at home the same files, on exactly the same WIN7, with the same distribution kit are saved in 2-3 seconds, although the home computer is much older and much slower.
I am saved to a local disk.

I turned off the network, deleted libraries, erased everything in general - all types, layouts, publisher's sets.
5mb file - 26 sec. why?!

The problem is only in version 23. All other programs, including version 16, work without problems - they save smartly and quickly. Tell me which way to dig, what and where in the settings is not done correctly.
Hello,

First of all, I wish you a Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, Windows 7 is not a supported operating system to run Archicad 23, so we may not be able to tell why the slowness happened with Archicad 23. I strongly suggest updating to the latest version of Windows 10 to ensure full compatibility with our software.

Thank you very much for your understanding! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!