BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

languages in AC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do Grahipsoft have any plans like REVIT - to be able to change the language of the interface?

I have a french project and English and French drawings - simply NOT POSSIBLE to open in EN or FR versions but instead - I am told I need a licence for both versions . Is this a joke ?

GS need to look seriously at this...REVIT have a facility to change langauges simply by changing the directory name in the properties......Graphisoft will loose me and will I am sure loose lots of people UNLESS this problem is fixed.

Please GS fix this problem asap.
18 REPLIES 18
Barry Kelly
As far as I know your license allows you to use any of the language versions up to the version number you are licensed for.
I typically use AUS language version, but in the past I have also installed INT, USA & UKI versions - all using the same language.

You can't change the language of Archicad at the touch of a button, but you can install more than one version at once.
You will need to rename the Program Folder after you install each one as otherwise Archicad will say it is already installed when you try to install a different version.

Give it a try and then post back if you are having any problems.

I currently have many versions and builds loaded and also a USA version for 21.
You can see the ones I have re-named, and to run them I just run the program file in that folder.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry thanks....

So I will need to install 2 versions for the x2 languages. FR and EN. ?

With regards to installation - when installing, I guess i just point to where the software will need to be installed? otherwise i guess the default settings - the C drive/ Graphisoft/ Archicad 22 will NOT WORK as there is already a version installed in the same directory.

I will give it a try and let you know.

How would the add-ons work? From memory, these dont ask where they are to be installed - they do so automatically.

BEST
Siad
Barry Kelly
Yes you will need to install both versions.

I install one, with all the add-ons and then I re-name the program folder.
Then install the other version, and because I have re-named the folder, the installer will not think I have it already installed and will install as normal.Then install add-ons for that version as well.

This is on Windows OS - I assume you can do similar if you are on MAC.

To run the Archicad in the re-named program folder, you will have to manually run the Archicad.exe file (Windows) or create a shortcut for it.

Should you ever need to update any of them, just re-name the folders so the one you are updating just says "Archicad 22".

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
GS confirm I will need to purchase x 2 licenses - this is crazy. FR and EN versions.
Barry Kelly
Just try installing the 2 versions first.
If that doesn't work then maybe you will need the two licenses.
But I don't see how that will help.
You will still have to install both versions.
The license does not control the language in Archicad as far as I know.

My license says it is for Archicad 22 AUS, but I can still run the USA program.

I just checked to be sure.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
text from GS :

You will not be able to run both the French version and the UK, from one licence.
The licences are localised. You will have to buy a licence of both to run both.

Graphisoft
Karl Ottenstein
As Barry said, just try it. There are people on the forum in European and Asian countries running their local version and the USA or INT (English language) version as contractors... and I've never heard of any of them having to buy a second license. That would be crazy...and I have to think the Graphisoft person who said that to you doesn't know what they're talking about.

As to your original question... I do not think we will see a universal version of AC where you choose the interface language any time soon. It would require a major software change to embed multiple language interface elements given the historical way the software has been written.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
furtonb
Advisor
As far as I know, you can run the INT with basically any key.
However there are localised version (CHE, GER, AUT, etc.) which won't run without a key purchased from the respective resellers.

The question was about the UK and the French, which I think won't work with the same one – a workaround could be to ask for the library and the template file, then all the attributes and settings would be the localised ones, then the UI doesn't really matter. There are certain features though, which are not present in every version of ARCHICAD, like this one:

odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Barry Kelly
furtonb wrote:
As far as I know, you can run the INT with basically any key.
However there are localised version (CHE, GER, AUT, etc.) which won't run without a key purchased from the respective resellers.

That would make sense.
I can run AUS, UKI, INT and USA because they are all English versions and would use the same interface but with different templates.
Sorry if I may have given you false hope.

It is of course possible to open a French file in an English version of Archicad or an Engilsh file in the French version.
Your interface will just be in a different language to the plan.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!