BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

new user 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
my graphics teacher told me that there is a step by step computer tutor for archicad. i'm not sure if it is on the actual program or on a website. anyone who knows anything could you please help?
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
"Virtual Tutor," perhaps?

There were also a series of "New features" videos available on the Graphisoft website
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
yahyah wrote:
my graphics teacher told me that there is a step by step computer tutor for archicad. i'm not sure if it is on the actual program or on a website. anyone who knows anything could you please help?
If you are n Windows, there is a full tutorial on cNet - but it is a HEFTY download, 780MB or so. Oh, 773.86MB, exactly.

http://www.download.com/3000-6677-10560271.html
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Hmmm. I have been asked to find the best training resource (books/dvd/cd) to recommend to new users (they never used 9).

I entertained a bitter complaint from an architect new to 10 that followed with religious zeal T.Simmons StepBYStep, only to share his opinion that it was poorly organized, did not give an introduction to the working methodology of Archicad (ie. stories, layers, how they differ, roofs go up, walls and columns go up, beams and slabs go down, etc. and everything is placed on the floorplan with a z-value, etc) - and apparently, the book's content did not match the demo file or the AC10 interface......

So while I was about to recommend it, that review gave me pause...I will download and check out those cNet tutorials, but if anyone can recommend some 'one-stop-shopping' for AC10 training, it would be welcome...

Since Virtual Tutor for 10 hasn't shipped yet, that is out of my purview - any other recommendations? I want to avoid Project Framework, the Training Guide and others, as I feel they are good resources, they are now getting rather hopelessly out of date and it would be cruelly confusing for new users...

Suggestions are welcome!
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Learn and get certified!