Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Eco designer Star disappearance!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just opened a AC21 model to carry out an energy review to discover that I no longer have an eco designer tab. The dongle is up to date and carries a perpetual licence.When I look at the Energy Evaluator tab from Design drop down the only thing that appears is an operations profile and none of the rest of the menu tab. Clicking on this crashes ArchiCAD.

Any suggestions? Advice?
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you go to the Help>License Information Dialog, does it show the EcoDesigner STAR license in the list at the top?

If you apply the AC21 Standard Work Environment Profile, does the Energy Evaluation menu correctly appear under the Design menu, with all 9 commands?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m (sort of) glad I’m not the only one having problems. I’ve just spent a fruitless near 3 weeks chasing information regarding Ecodesigner Star for Archicad 22 and ultimately received an email response from Central Innovation (I’m in Western Australia). Their email response was – and I quote – “I’ve checked and can confirm that we don’t provide Ecodesigner Star software”.

This is at total variance to what can be seen on Graphisoft website which shows it as being available in Australia. The user manual (pdf version I located on web) refers to NatHERS & BCA Section J, which are Australian regulatory requirements for energy rating. The Archicad 22 on-line user manual refers to Ecodesigner Star. All information I’ve seen so far indicates that it is embedded in Archicad, just needs (presumably) additional licence fee to be paid. I’m at a total loss where to go for more information.

Any suggestions would be welcome.