BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Eco-designer - no hydro

KeesW
Advocate
I've been playing with Eco-Designer and discovered major omissions in heating sources. There is no hydro-electricity option for generating electricity, and there is no electric heating option either. Could this be remedied or do we have to wait for the next AC version?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
KeesW wrote:
\I've been playing with Eco-Designer and discovered major omissions in heating sources. There is no hydro-electricity option for generating electricity, and there is no electric heating option either. Could this be remedied or do we have to wait for the next AC version?
Hi Kees,
With the electric heating, you can assign 100% electricity as a energy source factor from the heating's dialogue box.

Yes, there is no source factor for Hydro energy source but you can always add more source factors, into ArchiCAD database. Please find the source file location below,
(I do suggest you to make a copy of the original file and keep it in the different location or change the original name.)

MAC: /Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 16/Add-Ons/EcoDesignerStar/AUS/DefaultEnergySourceProperties.xml

WIN: /Program files/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 16/Add-Ons/EcoDesignerStar/AUS/DefaultEnergySourceProperties.xml

Hope it helps,
KeesW
Advocate
Thank you Kevin. I'll have to add hydro because it is a big thing in Tasmania.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
No Problem Cornelis!
I was trying to find energy source factor for Hydro electrical system but couldn't find it from google or my favourite websites. Let me know if you find the source reference Cornelis! Then I will incorporate it into AUS template!

Cheers,

Kevin
Learn and get certified!