BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

upper walls not recognized in energy model structures

heathldesign
Expert

hey all,

I have a model and for the first time, i'm playing with the energy evaluation, yipee. i have a single zone applied to the whole floor area, and when i update the zone in the energy model review i can see a list of structures that it has captured, the roofs, floor slab, and the lower exterior walls. but i have pony walls on the roof story that it doesn't capture. they are on the same layer as the main floor walls, their later is turned on in the energy evaluation layer group, the walls are on the roof story and the zone extends up into the roof story. why are they not captured?

see the pics

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 16.31.39.pngScreenshot 2023-05-24 at 16.31.17.png
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
11 REPLIES 11

anybody? no?

MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA

I share your pain and unfortunately cannot help.

I got excited and delved into the energy analysis and quickly ran into the type of problems you are describing. I'm sure its fine as long as the building is a simple box. As soon as it gets anything even slightly complicated AC starts to run into problems. I just gave up.

Same with the renovation tools, I was excited when they came out and then quickly realized they are not really fit for purpose for real world application unfortunately.

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
Learn and get certified!