cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

AC15 TW file with AC14 Hotlinks? how does this work?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I was asked by a GS tech that AC 15 would run our project a lot smoother cause it had the 64-bit coding in the software to allow more ram, processor etc... to work more efficiently.

So, we have a project which has 3 TW hotlinked files inside of it.
The main file and the other 2 TW files were all done in AC14.

Now...if I "join" the main TW file with AC 15, what happens to the other two TW hotlinked files that were created in AC14?

Do I have to open each of the 3 AC 14 files, save them as PLN's then open them up one at a time in AC15 and re-hotlink them back into the main TW file which will house the other 2 files?

Anyone run across this before? if so...how did you resolve the AC14 hotlinking into an AC15 TW file?

thanks,
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't had any reason to try this myself. It seems like ought to work but it would probably be best just to update all the files to 15. Keep in mind that everyone sharing the teamwork file has to be on 15 and, I believe, also on the same build number.
rob2218
Enthusiast
Thanks Matthew.
Yes..we are all on AC15 and on the same build.

it's this project from hell....the large 8 story apartment units in D.C. which contains everything difficult that can be thrown at Archicad...this project has it.

I.F.C. revit translated original building hotlinked and TW'd into a "new" building design file.
it also has multiple "different" story settings per hotlinked TW file.
it also has a large context site plan file as well.
it also has the "new" design with articulated "brick" wall pattern work as well as some very custom profiles.....the file size is 1.8GB or so and it's a hog to open/join/close/ save as PLN to.....

GS had to help us in establishing a backup copy cause our server went down last week. We have a MacMini server and it crapped out on us, so we are looking to upgrade to a MacPro with some Drobo drives....but we'll see.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
If all 3 projects are teamwork files I doubt that you can have 1 in 15 and the other 2 remain in 14. 15 just can see the 14 projects on the server. You would need to save each file as a pln and reshare as a 15 file in order for the teamwork files to hotlink into 15.