Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server Manager Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you will see in attached Image that just in the last week or so we have lost the ability to see Currently Joined Users when in the Project Settings within BIM Server Manager. This is also occurring in our other remote Office so am wondering whether it is a problem that has appeared with Build 3862 as I think that it has only occurred since. If anyone knows whether this is the case or is only just noticing it. We are able to work around it through Teamwork Palette within the Project.,
10 REPLIES 10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I think you're very lucky to ever see any joined users. The BIM Server Manager is garbage IMHO. At least six planets need to align for me to see joined users on any project on our AC14 BIM Server.

And don't start me with the project log! It's like a broken toy - nothing but disappointment.

Have you noticed that you can't even close the BSM with AC running?:roll:

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have had no such problem with closing BSM even when I have multiple AC Running.

I have posted the problem with GS Aus & got the reply & I quote "added it to an existing Graphisoft Test Track entry No. 30662 and escalated it" so will see what pans out.

But we had access to Joined users at little as 3-4 weeks ago as I had to use it force logout a user from another Project that I wasn't working on.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
wayneh wrote:
Have had no such problem with closing BSM even when I have multiple AC Running.

I have posted the problem with GS Aus & got the reply & I quote "added it to an existing Graphisoft Test Track entry No. 30662 and escalated it" so will see what pans out.

But we had access to Joined users at little as 3-4 weeks ago as I had to use it force logout a user from another Project that I wasn't working on.
Actually I see the BSM closing issue has been fixed in 3862, so I take that back. I wonder if 30662 came from my 'Case # 15658: Currently joined users don't show in BIM Server Manager'?

I wonder how to escalate something beyond Top Priority?

Only Robert can do that!

Cheers,
Link.
owen
Newcomer
Link wrote:
The BIM Server Manager is garbage IMHO...
Cheers,
Link.
Understatement of the year

cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem with not being able to see users on any project via the Manager software.
We have too many teamwork projects to work around via teamwork palette. If anyone has a solution please let me know
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just posted this topic archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=36600 regarding my approach to the issue.
I don't know if this will resolve anything but I figure it's worth a try.

I've been having this problem for ever and can't really pin it to any particular hotfix.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem lies in a conflict with a build 3835 of archicad 13 conflicting with the Build 3862 of Archicad 14.
I not only had to un-install the archicad 13 bimserver module off the server, but also had to uninstall archicad 13 (of the same build) off my machine.
After a restart the problem is now resolved.
I can see all users on all TW projects on the BIM server via my machine
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else had the same experience as Vaneshire?

I've had this problem since the start of TW2.
Maybe it sort of worked for a couple of weeks but a bit random.

As I said previously I can't pin it to a particular build or anything but uninstalling AC13-module sounds like an idea.

I'll just have to wait till our projects in AC13 ends and thats likely to co-op with me installing the AC15-module so lets hope theres no conflict between the 14-module and 15-module.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem has been resolved in AC 14 with the Hotfix "AC14-4044-HOTFIX5"