BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Daily crash BIMserver 21.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Since this week, we updated to latest BIM server V21.0.0.5010.0. Everyday, the server is crashing:
from 12PM40, I've got these line in the critical.log file:

{"name":"_","process":"proxyServer","hostname":"BimServer.local","pid":8967,"namespace":"portalserver:undefined","level":60,"err":{"message":"listen EADDRINUSE :::21000","name":"Error","stack":"Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::21000\n    at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1016:11)\n    at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1039:20)\n    at Server.setupListenHandle [as _listen2] (net.js:1307:14)\n    at listenInCluster (net.js:1355:12)\n    at Server.listen (net.js:1455:7)\n    at Server.tryCatcher (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)\n    at ret (eval at makeNodePromisifiedEval (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promisify.js:184:12), <anonymous>:14:23)\n    at ProxyServer.<anonymous> (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/gs-proxy-server/ProxyServer.js:48:82)\n    at ProxyServer.tryCatcher (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)\n    at ProxyServer.listen (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/method.js:15:34)\n    at /Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/gs-proxy-server/ProxyServerApplication.js:101:28\n    at tryCatcher (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)\n    at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:512:31)\n    at Promise._settlePromise (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:569:18)\n    at Promise._settlePromise0 (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:614:10)\n    at Promise._settlePromises (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:693:18)\n    at Async._drainQueue (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:133:16)\n    at Async._drainQueues (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:143:10)\n    at Immediate.Async.drainQueues [as _onImmediate] (/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Serveur BIM 21/BIMcloud Manager/PortalServer/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/async.js:17:14)\n    at runCallback (timers.js:800:20)\n    at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:762:5)\n    at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:733:5)","code":"EADDRINUSE"},"msg":"Unhandled process exception in ProxyServer application.","time":"2018-02-22T07:57:43.275Z","v":0}
I think that server is crashing and trying to restart to a service which is already binding...
Any idea of what can help?

At this time, I installed a restart script to restart BIMservices. The server is on MacOS 10.10.5.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here,

Since upgrading the BIM to V21.0.0.5010 we have also had daily crashes. It has been unavailable when the first employee gets in each morning. A manual restart has brought the server back online. Server is MAC OS X 10.11.6.

The only thing I see in my LOGS that is graphisoft related and corresponds to the times that it crash is the following from my system.log
May  1 08:42:43 camelot com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.graphisoft.PortalServerService-v21.0): This service is defined to be constantly running and is inherently inefficient.
Sorry I don't have a solution, just another user with the same problem.
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi everyone,

This is caused by a known issue, #240314, where sometimes our background logging conflicts with some of the macOS background processes. This leads the BIM Server Manager to become unresponsive. In this case, only a restarting can help.

Good news! We've already fixed it in our upcoming update for BIM Server, which is likely to be out very soon.

Best regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Noémi,

Thanks for the reply. For the time being I have also set up a CRON job to restart the 21 BIM server everyday before the office opens.

Looking forward to the update.

Thanks,
Phil
Learn and get certified!