Related versions: v19 and newer
When an Archicad user attempts to Send & Receive in a teamwork project, the operation fails with the above error message.
Possible reasons based on the frequency of occurrence
Archicad or BIMcloud / BIMcloud Basic is not up-to-date
Make sure that all Archicad
clients and BIMcloud / BIMcloud Basic
components are updated to the latest build.
Archicad must be able to communicate with BIMcloud / BIMcloud Basic to provide Teamwork. To verify this, run the Network Diagnostic Tool
from the Open / Join dialog or the Teamwork Palette. Verify whether all necessary ports
are open and the server machine is available from the client machine.
3rd party applications are blocking the communication on the server side
Antiviruses, firewalls, backup or any other monitoring applications (e.g. Windows Search, macOS Spotlight) tend to scan all files in real time, which can cause huge performance issues on the server side. Turn off file indexing and add the Projects and Attachments folders to the exception list in your antivirus / firewall settings.
3rd party applications are blocking the communication on the client side
Similar to the server side, monitoring apps can interrupt the communication between Archicad and BIMcloud / BIMcloud Basic. In the settings of the above-listed applications, add Archicad and its folders to the exception list. Make sure to schedule 3rd
party backups to run outside of working hours.
Alternate Teamwork operations are required
Based on the nature of the problem, it is possible that performing an alternate teamwork can fix your issue.
- In case only one Archicad user gets the error message:
- Send changes with all Archicad users except the user who receives the error.
- Release all with all Archicad users who are joined to the project, except the user who gets the error.
- Reserve all with the affected user who gets the error.
- Try Send & Receive with the affected user.
- If more than one Archicad users get the error message:
- Release all with all Archicad users who are joined to the project except one.
- Reserve all with this user.
- Try Send & Receive with the user.
- Receive changes with the other users.
Project needs to be re-shared
If you have a scheduled snapshot, restore the project with Rollback BIMProject or Library Snapshots
. Else, save a local copy (PLN) from the project and open the PLN with the Open & Repair
function. Save the PLN again and re-share this file to the BIMcloud / BIMcloud Basic. If you still experience the above issue, please contact your GRAPHISOFT support representative. During the investigation a Support Package - created based on the affected project - might be necessary. See the Creating a Support Package
article for further help.