Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

External drawing update fails

Hello there

We have a Teamwork file that links drawings from another TW file in the layout. This is tipically handled by AC by opening another instance of the program with the relevant file, but... from my workstation the updating of the drawings hangs AC and it's impossible to update. From another workstation (same network, same server) the update works.

Where should I check for communication errors? Both workstations have similar setups, but I'm guessing it's not 100% identical. Where to start troubleshooting?

Thank you.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
solved

GeForce Experience was stopping the communication between the 2 instances of Archicad. Uninstalled and working.
arch. ernest atanasiu

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
solved

GeForce Experience was stopping the communication between the 2 instances of Archicad. Uninstalled and working.
arch. ernest atanasiu
Anonymous
Not applicable
uisanata wrote:
solved

Great! Thnx so much! We had similar problem and removing GF Experience worked like a charm

I'm courious how did you came up with that idea?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot for this thread! I was having the same issue. Didn't uninstall GeForce Experience but tried on a different computer without GeForce Experience and it worked.

Tried disabling or stopping GeForce Experience from running in the background without uninstalling but wasn't able to. Any ideas?
Barry Kelly
jpessolani wrote:
Tried disabling or stopping GeForce Experience from running in the background without uninstalling but wasn't able to. Any ideas?
Just delete or uninstall it.
I have never missed it and wouldn't have a clue as to what experience it improves anyway.
It certainly doesn't improve Archicad.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you are not gaming on the machine, you do not lose much. Just have to manually check drivers if there is ever a need to update them.

If you do game on the machine, then you lose the automatic driver updates / search. If you also use a supported GPU, you lose the screen capture and recording ability.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Josh Verran
Expert
We have been encountering the same problem for several months.
Tried a fresh install of "Experience", had no effect.
Removing completely has fixed the issue.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)