Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Help! Installed new hotfix and BIM server doesn't launch!

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Hi,
i installed the new hotfix (build 3600) on all computers and the server (mac mini server), and know the BIM server manager does not launch!
I click on the icon, and nothing happens!

Also, the directory hasn't been updated like it says here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC13-3259to3600-ReleaseNotes.html
but the application has been updated.
What to do?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the exact same issue as Achille explained.

Can somebody confirm weather or not gkmethy's suggestion of un-installing and re-installing the BIM Server actually fixes this problem?

Any advise greatly appreciated, as you can imagine the entire office is affected by this down time.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just done the uninstall and reinstall and at no time did the installer:

"find the existing project and user database and will ask if you want to load these."

I need some help on this urgently!!!!

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
I went ahead and tried the update and got the "registration has failed" error again..........

Jaw tensing, blood starting to boil, anger rising.....

What is going on?

Someone please help me.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
Went through the process again.........

Again I was not asked by the installer to:

"find the existing project and user database and will ask if you want to load these."

And when I tried the to install the update I was given the "BIM Server registering has failed" message.....

Graphisoft what have you got for me........

Help....

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
So I gave up on trying to get the update to work.

Uninstalled and reinstalled all ArchiCADs, BIM Servers and BIM Server Managers on 2 machines...........The server machine and my remote machine.

So ArchiCAD is all back up and running....

Now im trying to sign into our existing TW projects, all of which are located in the Default Project Folder, all were created before the attempted update. They show up in the list of projects when I try to sign in from my remote machine, but then it gives me "Project not found on server......" when I try and sign into them

Also they do not show up in under projects in the BIM Server Manager - Projects list.

So it looks like they need to be relinked to the BIM Server, but I have no idea on how to do this.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
Screen shot 2010-06-21 at 2.07.42 PM.jpg
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Hi Mike,

the problem on my side has been solved by Graphisoft, with a standalone AC 13 installer directly to build 3600.
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to thank Graphisoft for getting back to me so fast on this problem........

Several posts in this forum thread, private messages directly to gkmethy, and for what? NOTHING!!!!! Not a single response.

Hotfix 3600 is a failure that will cost people too much time and money.

Thanks Graphisoft.

Mike
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Mike,

Sorry for not being faster with your issue. My colleague Ed Brown contacted you in private message at this point. I am really sorry for the problems occurred with your BIM server installation. It turned out that the installer runs into a problem on MAC's if the user who is doing the installation is not a Local User and now we know that there is a work-around on how to avoid this problem before the installation. Here you can find the work-around:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/HotfixingAC13BimServerOnMacRequiresLocalUser

In your case however we need to handle the issue in some other way because the workaround does not work if once was run without the work-around. My colleague will help you with it.

Best regards,
Andor
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Anonymous
Not applicable
May have been handy to know all this before.

Yes your colleague has contacted me and I have replied to him.

Thank you,

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am having a similar problem to Mike above:
So I gave up on trying to get the update to work.

Uninstalled and reinstalled all ArchiCADs, BIM Servers and BIM Server Managers on 2 machines...........The server machine and my remote machine.

So ArchiCAD is all back up and running....

Now im trying to sign into our existing TW projects, all of which are located in the Default Project Folder, all were created before the attempted update. They show up in the list of projects when I try to sign in from my remote machine, but then it gives me "Project not found on server......" when I try and sign into them

Also they do not show up in under projects in the BIM Server Manager - Projects list.

So it looks like they need to be relinked to the BIM Server, but I have no idea on how to do this.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
I have managed to upgrade all clients to build 3600, as well as the BIM Server (Second Edition BIM Server for ArchiCAD 13). The remote BIM Server managers see the BIM Server, as do the ArchiCAD clients - Thats for the good news!

The bad news is that despite pointing the Second Edition BIM Server to the correct project folder this is not populated with the projects contained in it (created by the First Edition BIM server).

How do I fix this issue?

This is urgent!

Many thanks in advance for your help.

J