BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Help! Installed new hotfix and BIM server doesn't launch!

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Hi,
i installed the new hotfix (build 3600) on all computers and the server (mac mini server), and know the BIM server manager does not launch!
I click on the icon, and nothing happens!

Also, the directory hasn't been updated like it says here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC13-3259to3600-ReleaseNotes.html
but the application has been updated.
What to do?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
JacquesMiov,

I suggest you contact Graphisoft directly.

I have been out of my usual office for the last week and a half, and may not be up to date, but last I heard was that we uninstalled the 2 machines that had been upgraded to 3600, reinstalled ArchiCAD and BIM Server on them, and left them at the previous build number.

Forget about 3600.

Mike
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
fuzzymike2002 wrote:
JacquesMiov,

I suggest you contact Graphisoft directly.

Forget about 3600.

Mike
Hi Mike,

We already contacted JacquesMiov and we will help him with his problems. The problem that occurred at him is not related to Network users.

Related to the build 3600, we have just replaced the installers of hotfix 3600 so currently the installer downloadable from the web contains the fix for the installation problem with Network Users.

Best regards,
Andor
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Anonymous
Not applicable
Andor,

thanks for the update on the situation. I have to admit that once you guys got involved you have been working hard to get everyone up and running again.

Just to confirm, the re-released current hotfix 3600 has been fixed, and you believe that it will not cause the same issues as before?

Mike
Erika Epstein
Booster
AndorSzoke wrote:
Related to the build 3600, we have just replaced the installers of hotfix 3600 so currently the installer downloadable from the web contains the fix for the installation problem with Network Users.

Best regards,
Andor
My download said 3600.6 which I downloaded 2 days ago. Is this the latest?
Am I correct that the BIMserver does not prompt you for an available update?
Help>Check for Update only lists Archicad and the Library. NOT the BIMserver version status.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
fuzzymike2002 wrote:
Andor,

Just to confirm, the re-released current hotfix 3600 has been fixed, and you believe that it will not cause the same issues as before?

Mike
Dear Mike,

The problem that had been fixed was the problem of not being able to install the hotfix with Network user on Macs. We didn't identify any other installer bugs from the issues reported.

Best regards,
Andor
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Erika wrote:

My download said 3600.6 which I downloaded 2 days ago. Is this the latest?
Am I correct that the BIMserver does not prompt you for an available update?
Help>Check for Update only lists Archicad and the Library. NOT the BIMserver version status.
Hi Erika,

If you are using USA version then the hotfix you downloaded in the last couple of days is with the corrected installer. If you are using INT version then I suggest you download it again for being sure. But if you are a local user on your MAC than it does not matter. You can read how to check that here:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/HotfixingAC13BimServerOnMacRequiresLocalUser

Best regards,
Andor
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
kevin b
Contributor
So we installed the 3600 hotfix on all local machines and the BIM Server on Friday and it is causing major problems. Error messages all over the place, BIM Server won't stay onloine for more than a few seconds. Graphisoft has been no help. Midday Friday our IT guy started calling and emailling Graphisoft and still haven't heard back from them. We've got cases where local copies are corrupted so we some users can't even work until we get the BIM Server back up and can have them rejoin.

Anyone elese having these problems with the hotfix?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Kevin,

One of my colleagues will contact you soon in Private Message for asking more details related to the problem.

Best regards,
Andor
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
Anonymous
Not applicable
The same problem appeared with Windows XP server, which is remotely administered through VNC. So it is not only a Macintosh problem.
AC13 server was updated to 3600 and then AC14 server was installed. No server was working. Even removing AC14 server with option of keeping AC13 server did not work. The only workaround was to remove both AC13 and AC14 servers at same time.
Learn and get certified!