Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Problem restoring a backup file (BIM Server)

dhnguyen
Contributor
We created a new BIM server and a few files was left behind from the old BIM server.
My IT crew was able to restore an automatic backup.archive file. I reached out to Graphisoft and they sent me documents on how to restore it. I followed the instruction but I'm getting a "salmon" color message saying Import Failed. Attached is the Instruction and I followed the instruction, can't seem to get past step 7.
Do you know what else I can do? I renamed the file name exactly as the instruction said and did it several times too. Nothing seems to work.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
5 REPLIES 5
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you please detail from which version you have the archive and to which version you attempted to import it?

My idea at the moment is that your archives might be from an old BIM Server and this is why the new BIMcloud Basic cannot read it. Second idea is that it has a project version (e.g. Archicad 20) which is different from the currently locked version (e.g. Archicad 24).

Kind regards.
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

dhnguyen
Contributor
My archive file is from Version 18. I'm currently using version 24.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
I see. So the issue is that BIMcloud Basic does not support version 18 files at all, and also, if your current BIMcloud Basic is locked for version 24, it causes another trouble.

To be able to use your old project, you need to install BIM Server 18 (available with Archicad 18's installer) and restore the project there. You might need to update BIM Server, based on the minor version build of the project. When it is done, you need to join from the corresponding Archicad 18 version and save a PLA/PLN, what you can re-share from Archicad 24.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Hi, So I too am having difficulty uploading/importing a back up file. I've checked that I have both versions of Archicad and Graphisoft be from the same version. Arch 20. and I named the automatic backup.archive to end in .BIMProject20 but I keep getting erros. Any other recommendations?

Hi Victor,

Check the file - if it is an older version than Archicad 20.6xxx, then the current BIMcloud Basic versions won't be able to restore those files. In this case you need to install the old corresponding BIM Server version first, save a PLN/PLA and migrate the file to Archicad 20.6xxx at least.

If you still have an issue, it might means your file is corrupted or there is something else here. In this case I suggest you to contact your local Graphisoft technical support representative with your file and detailed information, so they can help you in the process.

Kind regards,
Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin