Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Updating to BIM Server 19 v4006/4011

Jeff Kogut
Booster
We upgraded our workstations to 4011 a couple of weeks ago when it came out. We now have new project for our BIM Server 19, which is a dedicated pc. I just tried updating it but the installer wants to browse to 'archicad.exe' which it does not have so I'm stuck.

What do I do? Or is this a bug that it is not finding the BIM Server install?
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
2 REPLIES 2
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Ok, I didn't bother to look at the version number of BIM Server 19 after thinking the installer failed because it wanted 'archicad.exe'. I tried again this morning thinking it kept failing and finally looked at the version number in the BIM Server Manager. I shared a project and it works.

Worst installer ever.

It's a little dismaying that I'd be the first to bring this up. And that product testing just doesn't happen at Graphisoft...? Makes me think worldwide that I'm the first to run in to this nearly a month after the update was released. **crickets**
Capture.JPG
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Anonymous
Not applicable
The updating process of the Bim Server is indeed something that should be a lot more user friendly...