Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

3D Shadow Ambient

aryani_puspita
Contributor

Does anyone here know about the settings for adjusting ambient shadows? Because right now in Archicad, the shadows are too sharp, and I want to make them softer. I have inserted 2 images from Archicad and Revit. Can Archicad make shadows as soft as those in Revit?

Operating system used: Windows

Archicad Shadow.pngRevit Shadow.png
4 REPLIES 4
Ricardo Lopez
Expert

Hi @aryani_puspita 

As far as I know, in Archicad 27 there is no such a concept of ambient occlusion in the view area, although it is within the Photo Rendering Settings in Cineware's detailed options for Redshift and Standard renderer.

2024-07-31 08_48_03.png
It is also possible to play with the shadow intensity values within the 3D Styles if you use the Vector Engine.

I hope this helps you.

Regards.

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation
Barry Kelly

The experimental Physically Based Rendering option in 27 has softer shadows.

But I am not sure it is all that great an option - hence it is experimental.

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC27_Help%2F005_NewFe...

It is being updated in 28 but it is still experimental.

At this stage it can not be used in conjunction with the 3D styles.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Okay, alright then. But when I used Vectore Engine in 3D Styles, the models come with no surface/texture. It made the models became too plain for me. 

However when I used Hardware Acceleration in 3D Styles, I can not adjust the shadow intensity. Or is there another way to adjust the darkness level of the shadow when I used Hardware Acceleration in 3D Styles?

Thank you so much for your response.

Okay I see. I have tried to use this feature but the shadows are still having too sharp form.

But I think using this makes the model look more lively, especially in the surface colors.

Setup info provided by author