Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Adding New Surfaces to BIM Server / ArchiCad 18 Library

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to add new surfaces to my BIM Server / ArchiCad 18 Library. In other words, I would like my team to have access to a specific surface, in all projects. Eventually I would like a custom Library, that my team has access to, without having to add the surfaces into the library. Can anyone help me? Thank you - Jakub
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Surfaces are attributes that are stored in the actual Archicad file.
So you either need to create new ones in your file (and/or template) or use the Attribute Manager to import them from other files.

The texture files (i.e. jpg) are stored in the library and they can be used in your surfaces but you have to edit the surfaces in the Archicad file itself.
You can add them into your existing office library or even create a new library for your textures.
Don't add them to the default Graphisoft library as they will be replace if you ever update it.

Then just make sure the office library is re-loaded or the new library is loaded in you file.
I'm not sure exactly how that works with teamwork - but I assume you just need to update or add a library to your BIM server and then have all users re-load them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11