Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis rendering results....need opinion...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I work archicad 10 and lightworks for rendering after reading users opinions and of course seen the results of your renderings with cinema 4d maxwell and art.lantis tried to change rendering engine...Maxwell and cinema 4d was really hard for me to learn and the results were just funny.Used once in the past art.lantis but didn't have the time to play enough with it.Now its my first serious attempt and its my office.Tried to make it close to the real one.Be honest I'm quite happy with it but i need your opinion and suggestions.I attach the rendering and the real picture! PS. I added the window background with photoshop cause the result with the image as a stretched image background was blurry and absolutely disappointing...excuse my english and thanks in advance!

real.JPG
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is the new render based on what you ve mentioned.Put some reflection to the glass on the window and reflection on the floor.Looks much better you were right.My problem is that i cant change the objects from artlantis because the archicad model works like one object.So i need to save in archicad a new artlantis file changing the pc screen books etch and the position of the chair that is wrong and disturbs me because a part of the leg is in the desk.Sounds easy but if i will do so i will lose all athe lighting and material settings that took me hours to adjust right. Any sugestions?Whta do you think about the new renedring?
And somethimg else that i always forget to ask.The bowl next to the TV behind the plant is not smooth and looks unreal.Happens to a lot of objects from archicad to artlantis.How do you fix that?
office1.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
I ve just found on the abvent forum how to fix the problem with the bowl.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As I said earlier:
Tom wrote:
- The back of your chairs should be the same as the front of the chairs - have a look at how to 'reapply material' in Artlantis.
In Artlantis you can create new materials/shaders and apply them to single planes, parallel planes, or whole objects. In your case, you could select just the backs of your chairs and reapply another material to them, for example, the material used on the front. I'd give you some screen shots of how to do it, but I'm only on Version 4.5 at the moment, and the process is a little different.

Next problem:
So i need to save in archicad a new artlantis file changing the pc screen books etch and the position of the chair that is wrong and disturbs me because a part of the leg is in the desk.Sounds easy but if i will do so i will lose all athe lighting and material settings that took me hours to adjust right.
Solution is in two parts:

Adding things (books, sculptures etc...) the old fashioned way

1 ) In Archicad, add in your bits and pieces.
2 ) Select ONLY the newly added things
3 ) View these things in 3D
4 ) Save as a new artlantis file.
5 ) Open your original artlantis file.
6 ) Go to File -> merge geometry.
7 ) Select the new artlantis file
8 ) it will open 'on top of' your original file, adding all the new bits and pieces to your original scene. The only annoying thing is it adds an extra sun light which you'll need to delete.. It does in v4.5 anyway.

Adding things the new and better way

1) In Archicad view any object, by itself, in a 3D perspective view and save as artlantis.
2) open the artlantis file and under File there is an option to save as artlantis object. This converts your archicad object into a reusable artlantis object. handy.
3) Open your original artlantis file and add the object to your object library - on a mac you drag the object file from the finder into your artlantis object catalogue, not sure how to do it on windows sorry.
4) Once it's in your catalogue you can add and remove and relocate the object as often as you want.

Solution part two - moving the chair

You make the chair into an artlantis object. Very similar to reapplying materials.

1) With your artlantis file open, go the the object tab (the one with the little picture of a cube)
2) Make sure the little slidy draw thing is showing, and click on the arrow. then click on the drop down list beside the arrow (the top option is a blue square) and choose the blue cube (object).
3) In your preview window select all the elements of the chair you want to move and then click the paint bucket icon beside the arrow you clicked before. this turns the chair into an object, which you can now move around.

Hope this helps, sorry i can't give you any screen shots, and the instructions are only as I remember them, I don't have the software in front of me at the moment.

If you need to search more look for :

REAPPLYING MATERIALS

CREATING ARTLANTIS OBJECTS

or someone on the artlantis forum can probably elaborate. Also try watching the tutorial videos on the artlantis website. There are videos for both of these subjects here:

http://www.artlantis.com/community/tutorials/