Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Collage model into photograph??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried to use "Align View..." to insert my model into a photo but I keep getting an error that it can't use the data I inputed.

Is there another way? If I could just see the photo in the 3d view then I could manually adjust the view angle to match the photo.

thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
use the photo as background for rendering.
set 3D view to use photorendering background.
Use OpenGL engine in 3D window to walk the camera into relative position.
Just like old days before flawed align view more-or-less tool.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
but never use photo for actual background in rendering. always merge later in Photoshop for more exposure control.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
This is an example of something one might discern from the manual, but not logically or obviously connected - like why have overlapping dialogs for background selection? - so forum good place to get leg up.

Not fire hydrant: horse.

BTW: ALign View tool works fine, but only on rendering images - camera lenses make distortion that perfect cyberworld calculation can't cope with. But imagine genius to make camera viewpoint in 3D from four points on a plan. wow. Me blowing smoke now.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
BTW: Your picture not scary. My picture scary. This picture from Haloween 2002 where I dress like priest. Really scary for kids.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Jeff wrote:
Is there another way? If I could just see the photo in the 3d view then I could manually adjust the view angle to match the photo.
What Dwight said. With a wrinkle. In 8.1, you cannot show the background image in OpenGL mode. But, in 9.0 you can. However, I just discovered a bug in 9.0 pre-release that causes the background image to shift a bit every time I navigate, and then snap back to where it belongs when I stop moving. So, hopefully that is fixed in the R1/V1 that is shipping.

Some more info on alignment:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=18095#18095

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks all for the reply.
At 5:30am, I found the background as in photo rendering option! But I am not very skilled at adusting the view angle and view cone, etc to get the model to align with the photo.

I would rather email the files and pay you to do it if you are interested in helping.....or if you anyone else.

Thanks,
Jeff