BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Does AC18 still have the "lighworks" rendering engine?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm having a hard time "controlling material and texture" darknesses and lightness' and tones with the Cinerender engine.

Does AC18 still contain the Lightworks Rendering engine?

If, were is it and how do I get to it??
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
5 REPLIES 5
rob2218
Enthusiast
if not, then can someone point me to a GOOD tutorial on how to use the new Cinerender engine cause geez.....I can't seem to "tweak" colors and tones whenever my client wants "changes" to rendering look.

any help would greatly be appreciated.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
LW is gone:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-19-int-reference-guide/migration-guide-for-archicad...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
Karl,
ok....if LW is gone, then is there any...any tutorial at all that can show me how to make "blue" come out in textures with the new Cinerender engine?

Geez....all these settings are bare to manipulate and I'm not sure I'm manipulating them properly.

My client wants "greyer/blue" to come out in wood siding pattern....not sure WTH I have to do make that color "blue" come out in the texture.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Karl Ottenstein
rob2218 wrote:
not sure WTH I have to do make that color "blue" come out in the texture.
Various ways, where the oldest method of editing a texture in Photoshop and tinting it/etc as desired of course always works.

Attached shows how you can dynamically add color to an existing texture using the Color channel and setting the mix mode to Multiply. Pick your color, mix strength and brightness.

Note that luminance, specular and more can affect color, as can illumination including ambient light. Same as before with LW.
Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 10.58.44 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
if not, then can someone point me to a GOOD tutorial on how to use the new Cinerender engine cause geez.....I can't seem to "tweak" colors and tones whenever my client wants "changes" to rendering look.

any help would greatly be appreciated.
I found the Archicad videos on the Graphisoft youtube channel really useful. Plus the texture provided as part of the select subscription are very good and easily modified.
Learn and get certified!