Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

LW Lighting

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have used sun- and heaven- and window object, and I shut off the sun in 3D Photorealistic option.

Camera 100%
Ambient 100%
Lamp 100%

If the intensity of camera is 100%, than the window is too much sunshine (please see the picture.)
But under 100%, the inside room is very dark.

Can you help me?

Haus 3.jpg
18 REPLIES 18
Dwight
Newcomer
sunlight is yellow. any windowlites coming from the direction of the sun should also be yellow. other window lites match the sky color.

Think like a photographer would.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight.
The lite with LW is very sensitive, and at the same time it is very interesting to learn. Unfortunately it needs very much experiance with know-how.

For example, the lite color has so many possibility.
You say simply yellow, but there are so many yellows.....
If I make everything yellow, than it is pure yellow.
So I have tried to make sun lite yellow with 30% intensity, and other lites are just white, and with general light also with white.
I think, the result is not so bad.
How do you think?
Dwight
Newcomer
The way we determine ambient, sun and sky colors is by sampling photography. Look for the whitest thing in the sun - yellow tint.
And the whitest thing in skylight free of sunlite - ie open shade. That's your blue.

There is no such thing as white light. If you think light is white, it is because it is overexposure or glare. Try brown ambient sometime.

Incandescent light is quite yellow, relative to sunite.

This is about tints, not strong colors.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand slowly....we can create such ambient with color, like mood or such like thing..

My last question to you:
The most important thing for LW is lite.
Maybe you know this site. I personally like the works very much, of course done by LW

http://221.242.58.202/~dispadio/

How about with Archi Lumos?
I hope, LW with AC9 is better than Archi Lumos.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This question is probably to Dwight, but any comment will be usefull.
The picture is directly from AC9-LW, no photoshop.
I was wondering if it`s possible to darken the surfaces in the
deeper corners (under the eaves; under the car or the balkony), using
material settings, `cose I`ve been trying to achieve this trough
lighting fixtures - it doesn`t seem to work.
But first plz tell me if that`s possible at all in LightWorks...
Dwight
Newcomer
You'd like the shadows to grade to a darker intensity like a radiosity rendering would. So it will taste good like a cigarette should?

First, let me complement the wonderful dollhouse quality of this rendering - the aspect of the view and the scale of all the parts gives a wonderful "sitting on the desk top" sense and the lighting is well modulated. Users (and me) will appreciate you posting your lighting solution. The dollhouse feeling is from the forecourt - the overscaled roughness and reflectivity suggest an unreal model material and not a real base.

You can get graded effects by adding general lights with moderate fall off - they will begin to fill shadows with interesting varied light intensity. Put them under the ground. They will shine thru. And also brighten your eaves that are a little murkky.

I am getting great shadow interference using a second sun. Emulating the lighting on the distant planet Zebulon, the only planet in the entire galaxy to have humanoid-like life and binary suns: one, warm, like you've provided, and one at right angles that doesn't cast shadows - a newer sun that is a bluer color.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the "dollhouse" compliment [i think...], and for the Zebulon description: made me wanna become an astronaut...

I`ve given up putting fotos in the backround - takes lots of time and the result is never realistic enough. Maybe that`s why the dollhouse effect. (or it could be the wet asphalt on a sunny day...I`m not sure)

I`m gone to use the tips...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I`ve put a second sun and a general light under my floor.
the light makes some interesting effects,
but the blue sun, even at little intensities is turning my
'happy' renders into 'cool' ones (almost freezing), while I`d like
to keep `em into a warm mood.
or maybe i am doing smthing wrong with the settings?
Dwight
Newcomer
Crystal Gale, the long haired American country singer (if'n it sounds country, it is country!) sang "Don't it make my brown eyes blue." You could try doing the opposite with the sky, pretending there is a sandstorm blowing in from Romania or something. That would keep things warm. Or mauve. Goes with my eyelids.
Dwight Atkinson