Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Material Problem In OpenGL

Anonymous
Not applicable
The attached GIF shows the problem. The window sill has the same material assigned to it as the wainscot does. The only difference is that the wainscot is made with a Wall, and the sill is made with a Roof. It doesn't matter what material I change the sill to, it still does the same freakishness. Help?

Material Problem.gif
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Jay,

It looks like a problem in the GDL code for the sill. What is the name of the library part you're using? That would help one of us track it down and/or post a patch.

I assume when you render, you see the same thing? Or is this an OpenGL-only issue?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
The sills are made out of roof elements.

Of course, today it works properly, although the material seems to be slightly warped.

BTW: I'm not using rock on the sills, that would be hideous. I used rock because it showed the problem best.
Karl Ottenstein
Jay wrote:
BTW: I'm not using rock on the sills, that would be hideous. I used rock because it showed the problem best.
I was trying to be nice and not comment on that before... 😉 Relieved that it was just an illustration. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB