Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
SOLVED!

Rendering just a corner + Rendering color mask

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I've worked for a long time with 3DSMax when doing my renders, but now at the office we are starting to use archicad and I found that the renderings from maxon are good enough for our intern meetings (and its quite practical to render direct from what I am modelling and not having to export/import in an other prgram).

There are a couple things I miss from 3dsmax though, and I wonder if they also exist with Archicad:

1- Is it possible to render just a corner/small part of a picture so I don't have to re-render an entire picture if I just change a small detail?

2- Is it possible to render a complementary picture with the same resolution with a solid color pro material? (Like the vray render elements > material id).
http://support.nextlimit.com/download/attachments/1475731/matidcar.jpg?version=1&modificationDate=13...

That would be really useful.

Thank you very much for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Rockstar
t_and wrote:
Thank you very much for your help but I don't find the option you say and can't find a post talking exactly about this in the forum. If you ever have 2 min would you be able to show me it on a screenshot? Thanks a lot

PS: Signature optimised, thanks 😉
Screen shot attached, thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
David Maudlin
Rockstar
t_and wrote:
1- Is it possible to render just a corner/small part of a picture so I don't have to re-render an entire picture if I just change a small detail?
Yes, place a marquee (flat option) and select "Render Marquee Region" from the PhotoRendering Settings palette.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for your help but I don't find the option you say and can't find a post talking exactly about this in the forum. If you ever have 2 min would you be able to show me it on a screenshot? Thanks a lot

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
In 3D window draw a Marquee (the dotted line rectangle tool right of the arrow in your toolbox) around the area you want to render. If you open the Photorendering Settings window (Document > Creative Imaging > Photorendering Settings) you will have the option to Render Marquee Region with the little camere icon button at the bottom.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
I've been unable to "update" a past render with the marquee of which I think the OP is wanting. I just end up with the marquee'd area on a black background? Merging the old and new render is then required.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
Lingwisyer wrote:
I've been unable to "update" a past render with the marquee of which I think the OP is wanting. I just end up with the marquee'd area on a black background? Merging the old and new render is then required.

Ling.
That is correct.
The marquee will not replace a portion of the render.
It is just a way to test a problem portion of the render - so it will be quicker than waiting for the whole image to render again.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You could still insert the area in the other render using something like photoshop.

Can't say I've ever tried that, but there's no reason it wouldn't work. You might have to nudge move it a bit to get it to the right spot, but if it was a render that took very long to complete, this might indeed be faster.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Solution
David Maudlin
Rockstar
t_and wrote:

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
t_and wrote:

David
Thanks to you for your time 😉

About the color mask rendering, I guess it's still not possible right?

Have a nice weekend.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Regarding color mask: the only 'mask' layer you can save out is Alpha Mask for the environment (background picture / weather preset thing), sadly.

I do also miss the adjustment layer with different surfaces mapped as solid colors from Artlantis that I used to have.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5