Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Show some of your Renderings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be a fun idea to show some renderings of homes you've designed in Archicad, kind of like a little portfolio or show and tell.

So I'll start with a few:

361 REPLIES 361
Anonymous
Not applicable
I prefer this kind of renderings nowadays.
Photorealistic ones just lost steam - every student can make one.
House Galevi for AC.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you publish pictures here without a rim around it?
Sightline
Booster
kliment wrote:
How do you publish pictures here without a rim around it?
Just upload the image to your website (or flickr) and "call it" here by clicking the Img tool (on top) at the beginning and the end of your image link.
kliment wrote:
Photo realistic ones just lost steam - every student can make one.
Kliment. Since you are also a Vray user, I find your comment interesting.
Photo realistic renderings are actually more complex since you got to set light, materials (just brdf materials require quite some time to be studied), objects (such as trees) and mood to match reality. I had to refine every single element of our library in order to have the eye catching look we like.

Here are a couple of examples of the level of detail required for the previous views:

The ocean had to be tweaked and tested so many times in order to get the desired realistic effect for the aerial and the view from the sea. Not just having a bump, but displacing the actual geometry and having the perfect balance between its color, reflections and refractions. Just a specular channel in Vray has around 50 settings and there are 5 specular channels per material, not that you have to tweak everything all the time, but it is a complex system.

There are around 300,000 photo realistic trees in the views below. A task that can make crash your application (not even rendering, but navigating the scene) if is not handled the correct way. A special plugin was used to scatter the trees and give a organic to the landscape. 24 GB or ram were required for the task.

Cheers,

Diego T
Diego Torres
Architect-CG Artist
Architectural Concepts and Visualizations
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 24
http://www.sightline3d.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
The fact that something is difficult does not automatically make it cool/beautiful! Otherwise it would be a matter of computer power+money to buy it.
Did you use VRay Scatter?
Thank you for the picture upload explanation!
Sightline
Booster
kliment wrote:
The fact that something is difficult does not automatically make it cool/beautiful! Otherwise it would be a matter of computer power+money to buy it.
Thank you for the picture upload explanation!
You are right, there are not very good photo realistic renderings out there, too. But I believe we do a good professional job. This is a matter of taste and choice from the client stand point: Some people prefer real hand made watercolors others non photo realistic digital renderings, others photo realistic, etc, but that does not necessarily mean one technique is good and other is bad... or that every student can make a photo realistic one.
I have a few clients that like Piranesi or ArchiCAD sketch renderings, but most of my clients prefer the photo realistic renderings for final projects or town submissions.

Now. With all due respect, it is not a matter of difficulty, money or power, but flexibility having a range of tools to emulate photography through global illumination, after all, they are out there, why not to give them a good use?
kliment wrote:
I used SurfaceSpread
Diego Torres
Architect-CG Artist
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 24
Sightline
Booster
By the way. I would not recommend Photobucket to post pictures. It seems they remove them overtime. I have seen so many treads here and other forums ruined because the images are not available anymore.
Diego Torres
Architect-CG Artist
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 24
Rakela Raul
Participant
WOW !!
as usual Diego ... envy / drool

Super !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Sightline
Booster
Thanks for your kindness, Raul. I am glad you like them.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. I would be glad to contribute to the community.

PS. Is that the Chilean seal as your avatar?
Diego Torres
Architect-CG Artist
ArchiCAD 4.55 - 24
Rakela Raul
Participant
thank youuu, Diego for sharing those goodies !!

Indeed, I am Chileno, lived there 17 years / near the cold pacific ocean

I will post a rendering as soon as I have a chance... something out the box

... be back
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
project Iam working on .. rendering out-of-the-box by a colleague
OutofBox--1.jpg
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD