Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Sun Study Problem: Location, date & time tag missing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there

Im having trouble with my Sun Studies, the Location, Date & Time tag that has always been "attached" to the top left corner of the movie frames in previous versions of Archicad

Since upgrading to Archicad 10 (from Archicad 8 ) any sun studies I generate are tagged with the Location, but NOT the Date and Time... wierd?

Attached is a screenshot of 2 movies, the one on the left is from Archicad 8, with the full tag, the right is from ACAD 10, with just the location tag

can anybody help me get the full tag back? Is it a setting somewhere (Ive looked in all the logical places, Sun settings, PR settings)?

I cant find any other posts on this topic so Im wondering if its a bug?

Any help would be appreciated

Sun Study Comparison.jpg
26 REPLIES 26
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
There have been many problems with the latest version of Quicktime. What version are you running?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hadnt occured to me it may be a Quicktime issue, Im running Quicktime 7.1.3

Ive tried a whole bunch of comparisons to try and isolate the issue - Using a test project (one slab and a few walls) I can generate sun studies (using 3D and Photorendering windows) in Archicad 8.1 with the full tag info showing, generating a sun study in Archicad 10 (from the same project file, same camera angle, same 3D and photorendering settings) creates identical movies but with only the location tag showing?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Can't say I have heard this one before. QT 7.1.3 should work fine, but definitely do not update it or iTunes at this stage!

Are you sure you have the latest version of 10 installed? Check in your help menu.

Until someone else comments, I would suggest maybe looking at the difference between your Sun Study Settings, including your compression settings.

Cheers,
Link.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Running Quicktime 7.1.5,
I too get the location tag..... but no date/time

EDIT: ..... Location/date/time all show in AC9.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ditto.

QT 7.1.5. everything else fine. No day or time in AC10 Sun Study. We back-save the project to AC9, do the sunstudy, and then re-open back in 10...

It's definitely a step backwards for AC10. Hope they fix it in 11. Or sooner!
Stress Co_
Advisor
I had to do a sun study today, and noticed the time and date stamp is back.
Not sure if it was the updated AC or Quicktime.

AC 11 (1200 US Full)
Quicktime 7.4.5
Marc Corney, Architect

Paul King
Mentor
Hi _ I am having this problem in AC 13x64, with QuickTime 7.65. Are there any ways known to reactivate this essential feature?
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Stress Co_
Advisor
I just did a few sun studies in AC13.... and thought the date/time/location stamp was gone again.
That is until I viewed the movie in "full screen".
The stamp is there. You can just make it out behind the translucent "window bar" (using QuickTime Player 10.0).
Is it the same on a PC?

EDIT Screen shot is a "window" view. The stamp is not obscured in Full screen.
Screen shot 2010-03-11 at 5.27.27 PM.png
Marc Corney, Architect

Paul King
Mentor
Hi - the solution for me was that QuickTime player has to be your movie viewer - the time stamp is not visible in other .mov players for some reason.

Doesn't seem to be a quicklime player version 10 for PC, so can't verify your masking issue, but under 7.5.6, the time stamp is not obscured whether in full screen or windowed mode.
Wish there was a way to reposition it & change size/font etc.!
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop