Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

TOP TEN LIST OF RENDERING ERRORS NOT CAUSED BY SOFTWARE

Dwight
Newcomer
For fun, I'm starting this topic for ArchiCAD TALKers to post what they think are the worst human error things we do in making renderings that will persist with the LightWorks engine:

1: Shadow on the front door - grim reaper death

2: obvious repetitions of material textures - hick

3: well?

Perhaps it is a top one hundred??
Dwight Atkinson
25 REPLIES 25
Dwight
Newcomer
What do the Finns know from sun?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline:
Finns caught in horror solar vortex...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Boasting of render times for a radiosity solution in reverse.

ie

My rendering took 27 days 4 hours and 33 min. on my P2 355mHz processor. When the image shows very little radiosity effect.

See attachment for result to computer.
stefan
Expert
Dwight wrote:
Like as if a simple flip couldn't solve most of that - but many ArchiCAD users are simply too irate to buy Photoshop.
I have discovered Photoshop Elements 2.0 and for $100 it is 'almost' as good as the full Photoshop, which I use at work. There are limitations and lack of CMYK is but one of them, but it has layers, layer effects, filters, masking support and is just about all you need, unless you do this fulltime. Best of all, it came free with my scanner 😉 that only costed $110 😉 😉 And they put two CD's (with different license-numbers) in the box too. 😉 😉 😉 And it's even cross-platform. What more can you want?

That said, even $120 PSP (Paint Shop Pro) got a good review in 3D-World magazine. The biggest pain is the handling of alpha-channels, for which Photoshop is still superior.

But I won't question the quality of Photoshop.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Dwight
Newcomer
Elements 3.0 ......

has photomerge, RAW import and other great stuff... what a bargain!!
Dwight Atkinson
gpowless
Advocate
Our tech support department (me) issues a code 15 when things don't turn out right.

Code 15 - Problem has been located 15" away from the monitor.

Anyone want to trade a pair of handmade Canadian wood stretchers for one of those European measuring tapes? Although, I hear we may have to surgically detach your hands to get it. I hope no one minds.....
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full