Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Take a look

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I created this little scene and rendered it lastnight, I can't believe that a Lightworks novice like me can create such real life images so quickly.

Graphisoft has done an incredible job with 9.0 and lightworks.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

test1.jpg
117 REPLIES 117
Dwight
Newcomer
A long time ago, I offered free books to people whose models I used, and the response was pathetic.

If you want to send me something interesting that isn't actually about a problem to solve, from one of your bigger projects, that would get you a free book, ot some five minute setup.

There's still room for a tower with good sitework because I'd like to use a new structure than last time.

PM me and we will exchange real emails.
Dwight Atkinson
Eduardo Rolon
Does this qualify?
risoma_001B.jpg
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
New to the forum. Browsing this area I found your discussion very interesting and I could not resist putting my 2 cents worth. I wanted to show a different perspective on the submitted space and this is what I came up with, my attempt was to humanize it a little more. Any comments would be welcomed. In fact I believe this forum has the potential of being an area where hard rendering projects could be posted and anyone interested could try their magic. The chosen one could be awarded the project, kind of like a competition. This would be a good way to flush out good talent. Dwight I don't know if you have received my post but you can look at my web page and let me know if any of these are to your standards and worth using. Most have been done with AC and PS.

http://www.elcondor.net
Dwight
Newcomer
in the till!
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
some of ArchiCAD users ask us to test the file with Artlantis R...

so a R&D simple test ... ;O)

I receive the file without textures,

it needed a maximum of 15 minutes to prepare the scene :
- choose shaders and set parameters "a la Artlantis"
- choose heliodon (Sun and sky) and just set the power and soft shadow level
- set rendering parameters :
Antialising High
Radiosity high
that's all

then calculation .... around 1 hour. (MAC G5)

Of course for business work , I think that I took more time for settings and tests .. may be 30 minutes to 1 hour...

GB

Artlantis R : one click radiosity software
Richard wrote:
my attempt was to humanize it a little more. Any comments would be welcomed.
originally, the model muddasick posted was just for learning and testing the AC LW engine. It was never intended to be a sample of anyones work. It's just a convenient test model for comparing some technical results.

I liked your idea about up-loading other models to render. Post one! I am sure you would get thousands of responses from all around the world.Start a new topic though. This one is getting to big.

by the way...I for one, am glad you found this forum.
Thanks for the link to your website.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your comments. Perhaps you have opened another door to communicating with ArchiCAD users who do renderings. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

[originally, the model muddasick posted was just for learning and testing the AC LW engine. It was never intended to be a sample of anyones work. It's just a convenient test model for comparing some technical results.]
Rakela Raul
Participant
welcome to architalk richard,
this place is full of great people like yourself and no dought u will enjoy it..
and a pleasure meet'g you in person btw, will b in touch.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
stefan
Advisor
gerard wrote:
some of ArchiCAD users ask us to test the file with Artlantis R...

so a R&D simple test ... ;O)

I receive the file without textures,

it needed a maximum of 15 minutes to prepare the scene :
- choose shaders and set parameters "a la Artlantis"
- choose heliodon (Sun and sky) and just set the power and soft shadow level
- set rendering parameters :
Antialising High
Radiosity high
that's all

then calculation .... around 1 hour. (MAC G5)

Of course for business work , I think that I took more time for settings and tests .. may be 30 minutes to 1 hour...

GB

Artlantis R : one click radiosity software
1 hour calculation? That seems overly long...
The image is good (and much better lighting then what previously seemed possible in Art*lantis.

There are some strange artifacts, though...

The inside of the window opening on the right is almost black, where I'd expect it to be almost as bright as the rest of the wall.

The horizontal parts of the big window seem to reflect a lot of light around. Maybe this is a material setting, though.

Good work.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
stefan wrote:

1 hour calculation? That seems overly long...
The image is good (and much better lighting then what previously seemed possible in Art*lantis.

There are some strange artifacts, though...
The inside of the window opening on the right is almost black, where I'd expect it to be almost as bright as the rest of the wall.
The horizontal parts of the big window seem to reflect a lot of light around. Maybe this is a material setting, though.

Good work.

Thank's for your answser Stefan, but I do not agree with the artefact you mentioned : look the direction of the sun and the right windows, side is at the opposite of the light and normally darker...believe me
For the other window, you are right, setting can change a lot the energy distribution with radiosity.

About the time calculation, it depends of the settings and you goal,
There is 3 level of Antialias and 3 levels of radiosity accuracy.
With Antialiasing medium and Radiosity low, we have less than 6 minutes (against one hour in the previous image)
see the attached files...

But if you are really hurried , ;O)
it can be faster ...see next post