Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Take a look

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I created this little scene and rendered it lastnight, I can't believe that a Lightworks novice like me can create such real life images so quickly.

Graphisoft has done an incredible job with 9.0 and lightworks.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

test1.jpg
117 REPLIES 117
Anonymous
Not applicable
... of course you can make "fake radiosity" using only raytracing...

I add light to similate "global illumination",
I set hard soft shadows ... (*)
in this case you can obtain 35 secondes calculation...

Thank's again Stefan,

Gerard

(*) with very nice progressive soft shadow it take 3 minutes...
35secondes.jpg
stefan
Advisor
The six-minutes version is the best comprimise between quality and speed. It's good, not perfect, but at a level that it can be used for most production work.

The last one (the fakiosity) misses the light bouncing and this difference is too big.

Nice.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
you have probalby already seen these. I wish I had R Beta.
http://www.abvent.com/support/forum//download.php/11,374/test2.jpg
http://www.abvent.com/support/forum//download.php/11,375/test3.jpg

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
gerard wrote:
... of course you can make "fake radiosity" using only raytracing...

I add light to similate "global illumination",
I set hard soft shadows ... (*)
in this case you can obtain 35 secondes calculation...

Thank's again Stefan,

Gerard

(*) with very nice progressive soft shadow it take 3 minutes...
If I am correct the background of this rendering is Budapest with one of our bridges and the Buda castle.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
If I am correct the background of this rendering is Budapest with one of our bridges and the Buda castle.
Yes that's right,
Budapest is very nice city...and for those who have Artlantis R beta , they will find another "buda" icon
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry for asking this but do you need sky and sun object when doing interior rendering. we are using window lighting which has its own sun settings ?
Karl Ottenstein
alexandros27 wrote:
sorry for asking this but do you need sky and sun object when doing interior rendering. we are using window lighting which has its own sun settings ?
You're asking a question about a 6 year old post - so may not get an answer from the original participants. 😉

It is important that you post the version of AC that you are using in your question, or ideally in your Profile/footer (click the blue Profile link near the top of this page).

Recent versions of AC do not require either the sky or sun objects - those were only required in old versions. In those versions, the Window Light object was required to obtain soft interior illumination from windows.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for your reply !