Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Twinmotion directlink materials

enjoystick1
Booster

Hi guys,

anyone here has an experience with Archicad and Twinmotion Direct link? I ran into a massive issue, which caused quite a huge loss of data and time. The direct link worked quite nicely until one program was shut down. After restarting it, Twinmotion doesn't keep the materials assigned but seems to reset them to the default materials from the linked Archicad model. The opposite is desirable. Is there something I am missing or is this just a massive bug within the direct link???

Thanks 

P

5 REPLIES 5

I only use direct link to show off in meetings for this same issue,

I find fbx or datasmith exports are much easier to manipulate. Especially if you want to add things later or copy light fixtures to turn them into actual light

I must say, it worked pretty well while working with it. Live syncing without any troubles, materials in TM were kept and only the changes in AC were updated. So I thought they really put this **beep** together...until I closed the files. 

Did you save Archicad after the direct link before anything else?

Yep, I was saving properly throughout the work.

I'm in the same boat as you with Archicad 24 and Twinmotion 2022.1.2.  Have yet to find a solution and now discovered some materials aren't even editable. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 11.02.50 PM.png