cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Where to get Textures

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anybody help or point me in the right direction to some websites where i can download textures, I have been searching but there are so many results and a lot that i clicked on are pretty poor.

Free preferred but if the right ones cost money, then thats fine.

I am after specific textures, eg. slate & feature walling & flooring.

I have some which i made in CS4 but they are not brilliant!
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
There have been dozens of threads asking and answering this question over ther years. In the end, Google is unfortunately your best option as nobody will know exactly what you're looking for and there are more and more sites with textures every year (or month).

Of course, great textures typically have higher resolution than those that come with AC (and higher than AC can handle well - although Artlantis and CineRender in AC 18 can handle high res quite well)... and generally are not free. (Many free textures will be low res.) BUT.. have you checked all of the textures that come with AC? Most are not assigned to any material/surface, but are simply there waiting for you to use them.

See: ArchiCAD Library 17 > [TImg] Arroway-Textures 17
and ArchiCAD Library 17 > [TImg] Textures 17

for example to find LOTS of things that are not yet in any defined surface. In the case of the Arroway textures... you'll see separate images for the surface, and possibly bump, specular, etc The Arroway folder should give you some very good results.
Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 10.27.24 AM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
...You can also try using Google to search for "free seamless textures" (and/or add keywords for the material you're seeking), switch to the 'Images' tab... and then use the 'Search Tools' option to indicate what size of image you're looking for. See attached.
Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 10.26.13 AM.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 28 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB