BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

background image

davidas
Participant
I would like to use a photo taken at the site as a background image for my ArchiCAD model. The final rendering needs to be at least 11x17" and I am having trouble getting a photo that has a high enough resolution so that the background image is crisp when I render it at that size. The highest resolution I can get from my camera is 2080x1544. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tuấn Nguyễn Mobile, Địa chỉ chuyên mua bán Apple iPhone, Samsung tại Việt Nam
Thu mua iPhone 15 - Thu mua Samsung Note
2 REPLIES 2
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

In my experiences clients mostly view the impression on their smartphone or HD screen, meaning a large image at 300 dpi is wasted on anything but printing it out on such a big sheet of paper.

We settled for 195x135 mm at 300 dpi, which still prints fine upscaled to A4 (297x210 mm sheet) and is slightly bigger than a full HD image.

If you absolutely must have an image as of more 4K proportions, you would need a better camera, I'm afraid.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you really need a higher resolution photo, you could upscale, antialias and maybe denoise your photo in a photo editor like Photoshop. You could also try Adobe Camera Raw's Enhance function if you've got the latest Photoshop and have a compatible file format.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!