Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

flash panoramic views

David Collins
Advocate
I'm looking at alternatives to QTVR panoramas. Does anyone have any experience / recommendations for software that produces Flash panoramic views, such as those in the Google Street view and Art project?

http://www.googleartproject.com/

Thanks
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
I don't, but I would love to see an alternative generated from AC (now that we have lost QTVR) that does NOT rely on Flash, so that it can be used on IOS devices.

Anybody who has an iPhone/iPad, check out the new free news app The Daily (released yesterday) which has 2 weeks of free content. Included in yesterday's edition was a QTVR of Venice, Italy - navigated with your finger, it is remarkably more immersive than a mouse. But back on track with David's question: it is all done with HTML5, an open technology. No flash. No QT.

I don't know of any software that would generate HTML5 or Flash panos - did you Google it? Artlantis still generates them, for what that's worth...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Collins
Advocate
I did do a bit of googling before taking it to ArchiCAD-Talk. The upshot is that there are programs that will convert QTVRs to Flash panos as well as programs that will construct Flash panos from a series of photographs, but the results are not encouraging. The perspective always seems a bit fish-eyed and the interface is counter-immersive.

If its going to continue to be locked out of the iPad and iPhone, I agree that Flash is the wrong way to go. The news about the HTML5 panorama was encouraging. Guess we'll just have to be patient until Artlantis can produce panoramas in HTML5 format. I'll go over to the Artlantis forum and prod them a little bit.

In any case, it's clear that the idea of this kind of panoramic presentation is far from dead.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)