Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

lightworks vs artlantis ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im getting into rendering more and more.... im currently using lights works for movies and renders and getting pretty good results,,, is artlatis that much better and should i start learnig that

achi cad 10
widows xp
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks...laszlonagy....yup, I had posted in another section of the forum which I hope to get some useful tips/help.

I am still working with Archicad 8 which I am very comfortable though I had purchase the Archicad 10 and I had a tough time figuring my way.
Due to the constraint working time frame, I have reverted to Archicad 8.
Is there any other recommendations that can work just as well as 3D max and of course able to work directly with Archicad 8?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Agnes wrote:
Thanks...laszlonagy....yup, I had posted in another section of the forum which I hope to get some useful tips/help.

I am still working with Archicad 8 which I am very comfortable though I had purchase the Archicad 10 and I had a tough time figuring my way.
Is there any other recommendations that can work just as well as 3D max and of course able to work directly with Archicad 8?
The problem is that many of these programs are constantly developing and many of the new features may not be compatible. ArchiCAD 8 is a 5-6 year old program, so today's best apps might not work too well with it. So I do not really know, I would consider upgrading.
Actually ArchiCAD 8.1 was a free upgrade so you at least should be working with 8.1.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
YES...YES...I totally agree. Before one can settle in with the current software, a new one pops out and it's really difficult to catch up especially with such little work time frame.
Yup...I'm already on Archicad 8.1, just that I want to improve my presentations.
Anyhow, have already sign up for 3D max to check out how the software works.
Nice talking to you and thanks for your advise.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Agnes wrote:
YES...YES...I totally agree. Before one can settle in with the current software, a new one pops out and it's really difficult to catch up especially with such little work time frame.
Yup...I'm already on Archicad 8.1, just that I want to improve my presentations.
Anyhow, have already sign up for 3D max to check out how the software works.
Nice talking to you and thanks for your advise.
Yes, I agree that learning the new features every new version can be troublesome (however, I still prefer it because you can do your work faster). But, AC11 or the upcoming AC12 version know so much more than 8.1.
Anyway, good luck with your work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agnes wrote:
If time is an issue, I would not dream getting into 3D max.

Learning 3d max will be an enormously time consuming act, whilst learning Artlantis will take you, oh, one afternoon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Agnes wrote:
Was there lightworks in AC 8.1?...I forget...
Instead of trying to learn something like 3D max or something that can work with AC 8...I'd invest my time and efforts in learning AC 10 or whatever lastest ArchiCAD you currently own. There are so many improvements in AC 9 alone. You can't miss out. Then after arming yourself with the knowledge to drive your most current version of AC, then I'd look into rendering options. You'll have options to use Lightworks, the latest and greatest of Artlantis products, Cinema 4D and others alike. You would've at least have more options available in terms of the latest stuff. Doing it from AC 8.1 will be troublesome because it has aged quite a bit and I foresee issues trying to use it together with the current rendering softwares available. Not to say that it wouldn't be possible... I've had my fair share of experimentation with different software in conjunction with AC. But sticking with the latest has its advantages.... one example is the fact that you'll have better support from forums because almost (I repeat..."almost") everyone would be talking about the latest stuff anyways.
Artlantis 2 is so awesome that unless you are a professional illustrator (and in that case you wouldn't be looking at this thread) anything else is a complete waste of time.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
junior wrote:
Agnes wrote:
Was there lightworks in AC 8.1?...I forget...
LightWorks appeared first in AC9.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ignacio wrote:
Artlantis 2 is so awesome that unless you are a professional illustrator (and in that case you wouldn't be looking at this thread) anything else is a complete waste of time.
And whan made you say that? Have you ever used maxwell with ArchiCAD?
WhiteMan wrote:
And whan made you say that? Have you ever used maxwell with ArchiCAD?
I've been following the threads reporting the time it takes to generate a small rendering in Maxwell, because I think a Maxwell-like rendering engine is the future --and I think that computer processing time is not there yet, again if you are an architect as opposed to a full-time illustrator. Artlantis 2 produces huge renderings, with very good quality, incredibly fast. And the sky 'generators', heliodons, object management, material postcards, fresnel shaders, and the hugely improved preview, make setting up the picture very fast too. Artlantis 2 is a huge improvement over the relatively recent, already very impressive Artlantis R, which is hard to believe until you see it.