Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

"not enough memory to render model"

Anonymous
Not applicable
i keep getting this message on models which are over approx 10mb in size. "not enough memory to render model"

even if i marquee not a very large area, it still happens.

i'm on archicad 10, rendering with lightworks at 1600 x 1012 at highest antialiasing and best quality, with 2gb ram, win XP pro 32bit, P4 3Ghz cpu, onboard VGA of 128mb.

tried putting another 2GB of ram in, but XP 32-bit was only seeing 3GB in total and not 4GB.

but i think i read somewhere that lightworks only uses max 2gb ram for rendering?

whats the best thing i could do to upgrade the PC
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
The only thing that needs a bit of upgrade is your graphics card but surely thats not the problem to get a message like that.Happened to me before in the past and changed my pc ( bought a new one) and never happened again.The only thing i can tell you is that size matters but also speed matters in computer memory.When you render your model in archicad you can see the available memory left on the bottom right corner.Does it decrease the first few minutes and up to what point does it get before you get the message?Should start with something like 1.879 mb and can go down to 125 mb.Have you checked this to see if the real problem is the memory or is it just a software conflict?Senior members will tell you more but search with the search engine of this site to find similar topics i think i ve seen something similar in the past!Have a good day mate!
Anonymous
Not applicable
My little advice:
Find a topic in this forum about using "Polygon count" add-on for ArchiCAD. In "Hardware" sub-forum.
Djordje
Ace
Which Archicad do you use?

On which machine?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm on archicad 10, rendering with lightworks at 1600 x 1012 at highest antialiasing and best quality, with 2gb ram, win XP pro 32bit, P4 3Ghz cpu, onboard VGA of 128mb.