Wishes forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings" adjustment in Section/Elevation view

Algimantas Kuprenas
Enthusiast

Will help a lot if "Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings" can be adjusted in any Section/Elevation views with handles similar ones that are in "Section/Elevation Range" tool. This will help a lot when investigating why some objects are not visible in plan views 😉

Showing how these handles can be seen in section view.

AlgimantasKuprenas_0-1644827287393.png

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v25 INT / NOR
i5-12600 @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB)
NVMe SSD - Read - 3 GB/s, Write - 2GB/s, Windows 10
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/VcXcNChkKe
2 REPLIES 2

Barry Kelly

Not that this is a bad idea.

But the problem is you are showing the default FPCP settings that can be set at any time and will affect what you see on the floor plan when using the Project Map view points.

That is fine, but each floor plan view you save (in the View Map) can have it's own custom FPCP settings that are saved with the view and are not necessarily the same as the default settings.

So you would somehow have to say in your section/elevation what floor plan view you want the FPCP settings based on.

For example you can save 3 ground floor views, all with different FPCP settings.

Also the yellow, blue and green lines you show are relevant for each storey, so you would also have to tell the section/elevation which storey you are wanting the FPCP info to be shown for.

So to refine the wish, we would also have to say what View this is based on (or if it is to use the default settings) and to which storey it applies.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

Implementation of such idea of course could be solved by engineers in Archicad. But I would done that in this way:

1. Open any "Section/Elevation" view;

2. In "View Map" when you press "Right Mouse button" on any plan view - option "Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings" will be there and when you press it "Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings" will popup and "Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings" handles will turn ON;

3. You can Adjust these handles as you wish and then press "Right Mouse button" on any plan view and press "Redefine Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings".

This is the same way we adjusting "Section/Elevation Range" in plan views just other direction. All plan view cut lines are visible in "Section/Elevation" views same as "Section/Elevation" tool is visible in plan view.

I think it could be more ways to solve this in easy way 🙂 Don't see big challenge here except will of developers 😄

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v25 INT / NOR
i5-12600 @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB)
NVMe SSD - Read - 3 GB/s, Write - 2GB/s, Windows 10
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/VcXcNChkKe

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!