Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Ingolf
Advocate

My wish is to have dual screens with instant updating in Archicad. As far as I understand I have to click on the window on the other screen to update it. It would have been smoother to have an imediate update. As soon as I alter something in the plan view, it will automatically change in the 3D window and section/elevation.

19 Comments
Archireid
Contributor

Self explanatory, be able to move tabs to a different window without stretching the main archicad window across multiple screens.

Archireid
Contributor

Good to see its on the list, looks like it's still pretty far of I guess?

baixiaodong
Booster

It means that you can see the interactive operation of the plane or the elevation at the same time? If it is this wish, I support it

Archireid
Contributor

Yes basically, elevation one screen, floor plan another etc
I imagine you would have to click into a view to get updates, real time updating all open views might be too heavy on performance?

Would be ideal if it was real time interactive though.

Illes Papp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

we have an item in the Idea Pool on our roadmap covering this topic. I have added this conversation to the wishes. Please keep the conversation going and share your thoughts, ideas, workarounds in this topic.

Kind regards,

Illés

Josh Verran
Advisor

It'd be great if using multiple screens was smoother.
Currently, I use my right screen as the default.  When I need to open Archicad on my left screen, the issue arises that any palettes or dialogues I open appear on the right screen.
Unlike some other software, where palettes are tied to screen position, here they seem linked to a specific screen.

Video Snapshot -_00001.gif

scottjm
Advisor

This is a constant battle I find myself dealing with too.  It does it with the pet palette too sometimes which is incredibly frustrating.

From recollection the co-ordinates of a palette are stored as the x,y co-ordinate from the corner of Screen 1,  ie if Secreen 1 is 4K, the x co-ords of a palette on screen 2 start above 3840.

Using remote desktop with a different number of monitors or resolution wreaks havoc with palettes positions too.

ryejuan
Advisor

I have the similar experience every time when I logged out and logged in to my computer all my palette is on the main screen work around i usually do is to create a profile that i will just load to rearrange all my palettes to the location where I want them to be.

runxel
Legend

Similar issue on Mac where I have a second screen attached at the office, but not when I'm working on site.

Even with a profile in the work environment it does not help, and I can't figure out why. Highly irrational behaviour, and GS needs to fix this!

It also seems that having more than one Archicad open at the same time it just "destroys" the work environment. 🤔

Status
Upvoted

with 71 Votes

Additional information
Product:
Labels: