BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Publiser Sets - Assign Layer Combos / Pen Sets

scottjm
Advisor

Another nice feature that would be great to be able to add to the Publisher Sets would be to assign a specific layer combo and penset to a publisher set.

We have a PUBLISH - PDF and PUBLISH - DWG layer combos, and they differ hiding the Titleblock in the DWG layer combo, so that when we publish DWGS for layout sheets we don't layer on the  master with the Titleblock is hidden (for fear of drawings being ripped off by - yes I know you can explode a PDF).  So it would be great to link those to specific publish sets so you know you are always using the right layer combo when publishing a specific type of drawings.

With Penset we utilise a Working and Print pent set.  Working being colours related to weights and material types, print being all black/grey.  Most of the time the Print penset stays selected on the layout sheet, so the elements place on the master or directly on the layout print in black, but every so often someone will accidently unintentionally change it and no realise.

(Can you tell I'm publishing lots of drawings this arvo!)

Cheers,

Scott

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
1 REPLY 1
aarkell
Enthusiast

I like the idea of the publish sets having an assigned layer combo. We have two combos we use for published sets, one with internal markups for check sets (often pink and red notes) and one without, so being able to assign would be helpful. The pen set assignment would also be useful, but it wouldn't capture the pen colors in sheeted drawings, only items placed directly on the layout, so would be less useful for our needs but could see it being nice to have in certain instances.

Andrew Arkell

AC 18-27 USA 4060
HP Z6 G4 Workstation | Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz | Windows 10
Learn and get certified!