Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Roof-Wish

Hmooslechner
Rockstar
I would like a similar possible worflow for roofs and roofmaker like this gdl-example.

Its in german bur its possible to get the idea!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xATF6RqMzrE

if You want to try it by Yourself - https://www.dropbox.com/s/psala60uoxa0wcd/Dachkonstruktion%2017er%209.4.2014.pln

In a few days its possible to download it in BimComponents...
look for "Dachkonstruktion10.4.2014" within the object-Tool in Archicad - open internet of corse.
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
1 REPLY 1
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
I know its not everybody's preference to look at german vids.

So i tried to make an english version to get bigger audience.

youtu.be/VwVhyEgavgQ

try it at yout own risk: (Austrian 17-EDU-file):
but dont be afraid of german - in the drawing-editors - it simply works with handles....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkpdber54nn4aj0/Dachkonstruktion%2017er%2020.4.2014.pln.lck

But here some thougths about my wishes before:

This schould be seen as wishlist for the upcoming Archicad 18 - version - or the following versions.

Roofmaker-s driving me crazy since the first appearence - because its - on one hand- so fast and useful - but on the other hand - so stuck in the beginnings of its development.

As user - to get guilty results - you have to make too much further steps to get it working perfectly in 3D and sections.

So - i programmed this "semi-simple" GDL-part to show some of my intentions.

1. Make roofmaker full depending on the Roofs-Angle - even if its alterd. It should be a part of the roof!!!

2. make rofmaker-raftertops to be situated under the roof-serface.

3. make it simple possible - to edit the places of single rafters without braking the grouping of roofmakerparts.

4. if later in development - a new hole is made in the roof - roofmaker should react on it.

5. for displaying the enviroment-saving - all thermal insulation-Layers schould be part of it - but not as in the normal function! it schould react to the outer Walls. In reality -there is no thermal insulation out of the building! So Archicad should be able - to simply cut it off.

6. inner plankings should run around every parts - and follow all movements of the construction-parts like purlins

7. under the purlins it should be possible to get a belt of concrete automatcly for strengthen the wall construction against wind and other forces - and of course - to screw down the whole roof-construction.

8. all the thicknesses of every single layer should be editable with handle-points as displayed in my vid.

Thanks for watching!
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!