cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Keep Layer Dialog Box open ALWAYS.

dcerezo
Advocate

I hate that I have to open the layer box, close the layer box, open the layer box, close the layer box. Can it just stay open like some of the other palettes? 

3 Comments
Laurentiu C
Enthusiast

You're looking for a Layer Palette.

It does exist as a paid addon (link here by bimdots), but I do agree Graphisoft should integrate it natively since new users find it weird that layers are controlled through a dialog box and not a palette.

Most design software nowadays has a always open layers panel (everything from adobe/ figma/ rhino,etc), so coming to Archicad and finding it's different is indeed confusing and different from the norm.

It could be argued that you don't really need it if you use a good template and have everything set up, but honestly it really should be a user choice so I definitely support it.

You have my vote 🙂

dcerezo
Advocate

Thank you @Laurentiu C !

Space_Agency
Booster

Agreed. Or at least let the Info Box (which can always be "on") or Element Settings Dialogue box modify the layers.

Status
Open

with 8/200 Votes 25%

Wish details
Product
Labels