Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Getting all doors and properties

noriksaroyan
Booster

Hey everyone! 

I need to get all doors from active archicad project and all their properties such as height, width, material etc.) and I have a question. 

I've read the documentation and I wanted to know if I'm thinking the right way:

it seems that I need to do certain steps.

1. get all ids using something like this:

static GS::Array<API_Guid> GetAllDoorIds(){
    GS::Array<API_Guid> doorGuids;
    GSErrCode err = ACAPI_Element_GetElemList(API_DoorID,&doorGuids);
    if (err != NoError){
        return ;
    }
    return doorGuids;
}

2. I need to get all ids of properties. 

3. I have to iterate on every element .

If the steps I described above are somehow right, I would kindly ask for someone to assist with what are the names of these functions, because I've been searching for them in api-reference and, unfortunately,  I couldn't find them. 

2 REPLIES 2
ReignBough
Enthusiast
  • ACAPI_Goodies
    • APIAny_OpenParametersID - starts a parameter operation
    • APIAny_GetActParametersID - gets the parameters of an instance/actual element
    • APIAny_CloseParametersID - ends a parameter operation

I put any code between open and close parameter inside a "{}" to mark the scope of this operation.

I also advise you to create a wrapper function that will convert the output of APIAny_GetActParemeters into a std::map or GS::HashTable (or any key-val) where key is the parameter name (API_GetParamsType->API_AddParType->name) and value is API_GetParamsType->API_AddParType. This is to make the parameter/s you need easier to find.

~ReignBough~
ARCHICAD 26 INT (from AC18)
Windows 11 Pro, AMD Ryzen 7, 3.20GHz, 32.0GB RAM, 64-bit OS

I need to store them in json file, so I guess it won't be necessary to wrap it, probably would just store raw data into the json. Thanks for info!