cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Windows Compile

poco2013
Mentor
I’m having no success in trying to compile the API version 18, and ver. 18 examples under Windows using Visual Studio.

I originally did compile those examples using Visual studio 2013 but remember I had to make some configuration changes. Unfortunately, I had to reinstall VS and lost those changes and now can’t remember them. Something, I think, about using or not using the precompiled header and turning off some fatal warnings and adding an extra include folder.

At any rate, hoping someone has a set of configuration changes needed for the supplied vcxproj files. I do have the platform toolset set for VS 2010.

BTW – the API works perfectly OOB in Yosemite and the new XCode update.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
2 REPLIES 2
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
poco2013 wrote:
I’m having no success in trying to compile the API version 18, and ver. 18 examples under Windows using Visual Studio.
Could you write down please your compiling errors?

The most important Visual Studio 2010 project settings:
- Additional Include Directories: (all necessary subdirs of DevKits's Support directory)
<AdditionalIncludeDirectories>..\..\Support\Inc;..\..\Support\Modules\GSRoot;..\..\Support\Modules\GSRoot\STL\imp;..\..\Support\Modules\GSUtils;..\..\Support\Modules\DGLib;..\..\Support\Modules\Geometry;..\..\Support\Modules\InputOutput;..\..\Support\Modules\UCLib;..\..\Support\Modules\GXImageBase;%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories)</AdditionalIncludeDirectories>

- Preprocessor Definitions:
<PreprocessorDefinitions>_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0;WIN32;_WINDOWS;_USRDLL;_STLP_DONT_FORCE_MSVC_LIB_NAME;%(PreprocessorDefinitions)</PreprocessorDefinitions>
(don't forget to add _DEBUG definition also for Debug build mode)

- Library Includes: (include all used LIB from Support\Modules\<ModuleName>\Win folder)
<Library Include="..\..\Support\Lib\Win\ACAP_STAT.lib">
  <FileType>Document</FileType>
</Library>
<Library Include="..\..\Support\Modules\DGLib\Win\DGImp.lib">
</Library>
<Library Include="..\..\Support\Modules\GSRoot\Win\GSRootImp.lib">
</Library>
Regards,
Tibor
poco2013
Mentor
Thanks for the reply -- My config is the same as yours, But I found the problem. the program is set for the include dir using $(VSIncludeDir) is is set fot the VS 10 include dir. unfortunately that dir got messed up and most of the files were lost. I now can't re-install VS 10 because the update fail and roll back. To further compound the problem. the variable in VS 2013 is sat to the same defective path & I don't see any way to change a environmental macro in VS.

I did try puting in a include to the 2013 include dir but I just get a lot of edit errors -- over 200 when I do that.

Are there any vcxprof file available for VS2013? I also have 2015 preview installed but VCIncludeDir is also set to point to MSVS 10.0\VC\ -- How do I change?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27