Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMX Uploader

JessicaBoll08
Participant

Hey,

So I have had this issue a few time across a couple generations of archicad.  Probably 24-27.   At some point the BIMx uploader will stop appearing.  I don't know what happens.  It work on moment and than the next time I go to use it, it just stops.  It doesn't matter if I switch between drawings, restart my computer, it doesn't appear, and from this point on I have to manually upload my bimx files to the site.  Not really a hardship, just annoying, as it is an extra step, and I forget sometimes, when I am in the middle doing five different things.  

The solution I found is when the next generation of archicad comes out, my bimx uploader comes back.  Yay, and it remembers all of the files that it was supposed to have been uploading since it disappear.  So there is some sort of weird disconnect. 

Anyway it just happened again, and I didn't feel like waiting around for the next generation of archicad, so I uninstalled archicad, and than reinstalled archicad.  Tested the bimx uploader and it works.  It also had the back log of all the project that I had been trying to upload in this past week.  

So my real question is, is there a way that I can open this bimx uploader window without having to uninstall archicad and reinstall it.  I tried looking around, but could not find a way to open it up.  I have a "solution" to my problem, but I am hoping for one that is way less invasive.

Thank you,

Jessy

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

I rarely upload BIMx models, so I may be wrong here, but is it not set in the Publisher Properties to automatically upload when you publish?

BarryKelly_0-1719365453822.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

It is set to upload automatically, which is why it is weird when it stops doing it.

Like I said, the only solution I have found, is to uninstall archicad and then reinstall it.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!