Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx Element Information control window Ac28

iggiv
Advocate

Team,

I’ve been experimenting with AC28 and found a very effective way to leverage the new KeyNote tool. By creating a label that displays a preselected property field, I can pull in values from an external FileMaker record. This setup allows me to show specific manufacturer product specifications for assigned elements, and I’ve even added a field in the label that links to a web page. This feature makes it very easy for contractors and clients to understand exactly what is required for each element—extremely useful!

Now that I’m preparing for a presentation in BIMx, I’m trying to figure out how to work with the “Element Info” window. While I’ve managed to display my preferred information, I’m struggling to show the “WebLink” property field. Ideally, I’d love for the link to be clickable within the BIMx model, allowing users to be redirected to the product’s webpage for further details. This would be a fantastic feature to enhance my presentations.

Could you let me know if this is possible, and if so, how to enable it? It would greatly improve the presentation and communication with stakeholders.

Thanks!

IMG_0589.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
iggiv
Advocate

Team,

I wanted to update you on my recent post. I’ve solved the issue, and it was an oversight on my part regarding why the link didn’t appear.

It turned out to be quite simple. I created a property field with the web page link for the product information and included it in the BIMx model through the BIMx Archicad file. I then organized the first eight fields to be displayed when requesting information. One of those fields is the Property Field: “Spec Reference,” which contains the product link from the internet—and that’s all I needed!

Every element can now be easily edited in the schedules.

I hope this solution proves useful to others as well.

I tried the post on https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/BIMx/Access-model-elements-in-BIMx-Mobile-Apps-via-hyperlinks/ta... but did bot understand what to do.

STILL WORKING OUT: Any TIP will be appreciated

Now, I need to figure out what specific information should be imported from the BIMx Schedule. The file seems to contain more information than what I see in the window.

BIMx Element information windowBIMx Element information windowOnce click and take you to the web pageOnce click and take you to the web page

iggiv
Advocate

Team,

I now have a better understanding of how the BIMx Schedule works. Initially, I was selecting an element with limited information, which made it hard to see how the system worked. However, when I selected different elements, I realized that, depending on the type of element, you can scroll down to find all the necessary information for that specific item.

I had a feeling I was missing something, and I trust that Graphisoft designed the system for a reason. I’m really enjoying my experience with ArchiCAD software. 😀

If there is no comment this ticket can be closed