BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx for desktop

Tom Krowka
Booster
Will BIMx in V23 be able to show model and 2D docs on desktop/laptop as shown now on mobile devices? Seems like a missed opportunity there.
Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
7 REPLIES 7
Hello,

No it does not
BimX viewer was made on iOS and after on Android device to exploit the wealth of tablets and smartphones and thus offer an exhaustive apprehension of the model (as we on archicad but with an environment very easy to use and very fun).

Desktop Bimx viewer is a way to check your BimX before put it into your special device

For example you can find some difference too between smartphone and tablet by the VR option

BimX viewer use your device characteristics. A OSX or a Windows device seems to be less interesting about BimX possibilities. We have to wait to have 2D linked view on bimX for desktop.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Tom Krowka
Booster
Wait wait wait. Have been waiting for several versions. I wonder if GS intends to ever make it happen.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you guys know that there is now a BIMx Web Viewer integrated with the BIMx site.
Files uploaded to the BIMx site can be viewed using the BIMx Web Viewer, and it is both 2D and 3D, hyperlinked model.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Of course but it is not yet an experience comparable to that of a tablet. Moreover the integration in a web page is not possible for all owners of an Archicad license. It is certainly a very good start, but there is still a lot of work to be done to allow all the satisfactory use of this web interface. Waiting for the best way to consult a BimX file is undoubtedly on a 13 inch iPad Pro.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Tom Krowka
Booster
does the web viewer work with desktop?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Barry Kelly
Tom wrote:
It has nothing to do with the desktop program.
All you need to do from any device or PC is access the BIMx model transfer site (link can be found above) via a web browser, and then you (or anyone) will have the option to view the model there without having to download any apps or programs.
It will take a little while to open the model though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eli Chiasson
Booster
Tom wrote:
It does. This is how I use BIMx when I don't have my iOS device with me.
Eli Chiasson
Dexel Architecture
http://www.dexel.ca
AC19-23 USA+MEP • i7-7700 3.6GHz | 32GB RAM • Windows 10 Professional
Learn and get certified!