BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx opening view

Tom Krowka
Booster

Have tried to save a hypermodel with photorender window as the opening view.   I can generate the render but I get an error when attempting to save to the BIMx site.    Do I have to use 3D window for the opening view for the BIMx to save?   It's not great quality.  

Thanks Tom 

Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

Tom:

Have you pasted the photorender into the Project Preview window? This is how I create the BIMx opening image.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

Thanks Dave, that does answer the question but here's the real question behind the question.    Can I create the whole BIMx hypermodel entity in the photorender window instead of the 3D window.   The model quality would be so much better when the client opens the hypermodel via the opening view.   

Thanks Tom 

Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com

Tom:

I may not be following you now. The BIMx walkthrough model is generated separately, not from the 3D or photo render windows. In earlier versions of AC there was a check box in the Publisher for rendering the model at higher quality (and more time), but that was removed when BIMx was upgraded recently.

David

www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

Hi Dave:   That does answer my question.   Basically am complaining about the walkthrough model quality.   Was trying to find a way to improve it.   Was under the assumption that the opening view had something to do with the quality of the walkthrough but apparently it does not.   So I guess I have to live with the black box of walkthrough model generation. 

TK. 

Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
OtisAlbert
Participant

@Tom Krowka wrote:

Have tried to save a hypermodel with photorender window as a opening view.   I can generate the render but I get an error when attempting to save to the BIMx site.    Do I have to use 3D window for the opening view for the BIMx to save?   It's not great quality.  

Thanks Tom 

My desire is to set a high-quality PhotoRendering view as the opening view for my BIMx model. However, when attempting to save to the BIMx site, I encountered an error. It seems like the BIMx export process prefers the 3D window for the opening view, but the quality isn't up to par. Has anyone successfully managed to save a PhotoRendering window view as the opening view in BIMx? 

OtisAlbert:

This is my method:

1. Render the image in Cineware, 940x480 pixels.

2. Copy this rendering to the Project Preview window.

3. Save the ArchiCAD file.

4. Create the BIMx file.

5. Upload the BIMx file to the BIMX Transfer Model site.

An example is here: Master Suite Addition - Washington, DC

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture