BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

BIMx - "black and white" not working?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I just updated my BIMx viewer to the latest version (has the 3D cutaway feature)....now, the "black and white" setting is 'greyed out'? why?

is there yet another more updated version?
also...why does my "project list" VANISH each and everytime I update the software? this is gonna freak my boss out if I tell him how great BIMx is....he installs it then when he is asked to update the APP and the app REMOVES ALL the project list.....he's gonna go thru the roof guys...

where/how/when can we keep the old project list intact?

please advise.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
rob2218
Enthusiast
....anyone?
could anyone at GS let me know what I'm doing incorrectly?
I can't seem to get the "Black and white" (it's greyed out and I have the latest BIMx version) to be toggled (selectable)?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
rob2218 wrote:
....anyone?
could anyone at GS let me know what I'm doing incorrectly?
I can't seem to get the "Black and white" (it's greyed out and I have the latest BIMx version) to be toggled (selectable)?
Rob,

the the Black and white Shading mode is calculated based on the Realistic mode (rendered with Global Illumination), so make sure that your models have been rendered with GI.

With regards to the lost projects: BIMx was designed to keep all documents through the update process, so we should definitely look deeper into this to see why your projects have disappeared during the update
- on iOS - connect your device to iTunes and check BIMx application there. The list of projects should be visible there. Do you have the files there?
- on Android the projects are not stored within the application. Each time BIMx is started up it browsers through the filesystem for .bimx files. If you have a .bimx file e.g. in downloads it should find it. Do you have any .bimx files in the filesystem?

Let us know the results of these.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks sir!..wow, GS actually responded!...you guys "ROCK"!

here's what happens.
Whenever I update/upgrade to a new version of the BIMx viewer on my ipad....I lose the "list of projects" I had. it's basically gone. I can't see my project list I visited as I did before from the previous version of the viewer.

I'll check your suggestions to see if that helps. I haven't done that yet but trust me...if anyone will....."I" will report back my findings.

Would you prefer reporting back right here...on this thread? or in a PM? you decide since you are offering to assist.

with regards to the Android device. there are folks here in the office that are not OS (apple) compliant therefore use the competitor...Android. They'd like to see if BIMx viewer can be used on their device as well.....haven't read thru the Wiki knowledge base yet but I thought GS may have better insight into this setup.

again...Graphisoft ROCKs!
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Rob,
Could you report your findings here?
That way any useful that comes up will be available for any future readers of this thread.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27