BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

How to disable marker&hyperlink of specifics drawing?

Vinicius Lima
Booster

Knowing that I should probably, move this post to the wishes, I would give it a try... Here in my office we (and many other architects), put in the layout, a floor-plan, and two cutted seccions showing only the elevation of this floor specifically (as image attached). This complete/full seccion is, of course, in other layout.
So, when the user is navigating thru 3D, and click in one of the seccions blue-spots (markers/hyperlinks) it appears as option to "go-to" to allllllllll floor-plans layout, instead of showing only the layout with the complete/full seccion. That so, if I could disable this cutted-seccions (in Archicad before exporting) of been part of the hyperlinks, it would be much more logical to the BIMx integrated workflow.

BIMx.png

- Vinícius Lima - user since Archicad 12
from Brazil
Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2023 | M2 Pro | 16Gb RAM | macOS Ventura 13.5.2
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein

For BIMx, can't you just duplicate your entire layout set and delete those sections from the floor plan layouts?  Maybe I'm not understanding.  (There's no reason that the BIMx layouts have to match what you intend to print or save as PDF.)

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Duplicating the layout set, it's a workaround that we will consider, because we will need to keep attention for an entire layout set on revisions, and some manual layout-definitions/settings (Eg.: supervisor validation, or construction authorization) and keep duplicating all new layouts as the documentation grows... For this reason (and as this is a minor issue), I think that what you sugested it is not our case. Like this sessions situation, we have some generic details that we put in some layouts, that it should be nice to not "hyperlink" them too. But thanks anyway, this is what a like most in Community, differents points of view.

from Brazil
Roland Szabo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Independent worksheets aren't hyperlinked to the 3D. I'd copy the content of section views to independent worksheets to have drawings without markers. I hope it provides a solution. 

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

Maybe for final issue it could work... but during the project life itself, keep copying the sections to worksheets in every issue could be overwhelming and a little bit "dangerous" if you forget to do it.  Still think that a little box like the "drawing update: manual/auto" in drawing definitions is going to be great! But thanks anyway for your insight!

from Brazil
AnkritTiwani
Participant

@Vinicius Lima wrote:

Knowing that I should probably, move this post to the wishes, I would give it a try... Here in my office we (and many other architects), put in the layout, a floor-plan, and two cutted seccions showing only the elevation of this floor specifically (as image attached). This complete/full seccion is, of course, in other layout. how to stop stomach pain from vaping
So, when the user is navigating thru 3D, and click in one of the seccions blue-spots (markers/hyperlinks) it appears as option to "go-to" to allllllllll floor-plans layout, instead of showing only the layout with the complete/full seccion. That so, if I could disable this cutted-seccions (in Archicad before exporting) of been part of the hyperlinks, it would be much more logical to the BIMx integrated workflow.

How would disabling the cut sections from being part of the hyperlinks improve the logical flow of the BIMx integrated workflow?

Hi Ankrit, you didn't get it...
Look, as I put a small cut of the same section in multiple floor-plan layouts (Eg.: layout 1 to 10), when you are navigating in the BIMx 3D, and hit the blue-arrow of this particular section, it shows me as option to open eeeeevery one of those 1-10 layouts to open, instead of showing me just the layout of the entire section (Eg.: layout 11). So it's a bit useless open a layout with a small cut section in this workflow.

from Brazil
Fernando657
Newcomer

@Vinicius Lima wrote:

Knowing that I should probably, move this post to the wishes, I would give it a try... Here in my office we (and many other architects), put in the layout, a floor-plan, and two cutted seccions showing only the elevation of this floor specifically (as image attached). This complete/full seccion is, of course, in other layout.
So, when the user is navigating thru 3D, and click in one of the seccions blue-spots (markers/hyperlinks) it appears as option to "go-to" to allllllllll floor-plans layout, instead of showing only the layout with the complete/full seccion. That so, if I could disable this cutted-seccions (in Archicad before exporting) of been part of the hyperlinks, it would be much more logical to the BIMx integrated workflow. buy fast gas

In Archicad, you can manually create hyperlinks between views in your BIMx model. When creating hyperlinks, selectively choose which views (e.g., complete/full sections) to link to instead of linking to all floor plans. This way, users navigating the 3D model in BIMx will only see hyperlinks to the desired layouts.

Learn and get certified!