BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad export to DWG (Generated Dimension Issue)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I'm having a big problem with generated dimension from ArchiCAD to DWG.
- I know it's only due to ext line of ArchiCAD, dimension will be generated multiple style. I think it is not good idea programming but I don't know how it worked.
- The dimension's position and value is very odd when I stretch node or take any command to dimensions.
- I tried to change all of dimension to Standard DIM style to solve the problem manually but I cannot control the Ext line (on off status) or length of ext line.

Very happy with any suggestion (Maybe Autolisp to change all dimension to Standard style within keeping the ext line length if cannot solve DWG Export issue from ArchiCAD)

Thank you very much.
Regard,
SAGI-Viz
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no problem with Archicad drawings exported to AutoCAD, on many projects I have exported files (likely hundreds of files) for drafters and interior designers to continue working with and have no issues, you just need to properly setup your AutoCAD template and Archicad exporters

Regards
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
sboydturner wrote:
I have no problem with Archicad drawings exported to AutoCAD, on many projects I have exported files (likely hundreds of files) for drafters and interior designers to continue working with and have no issues, you just need to properly setup your AutoCAD template and Archicad exporters

Regards
Scott
Hi there, can you send me a part of your exported drawing without any problem about Dims? And how you set DWG translator in ArchiCAD?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Mr. Hai,
After several time using AC, I solve your problems. Following my steps:
1. Publish archicad to ONLY 1 dwg file (should be 1 only file). If you publish to many dwg files, you must do it many time too.
2. Open your DWG file, choose 1 style of Dimension to edit. Example GENERATED_STYLE__1,...
3. Select all dimension and choose the style in step 2. This is reason why I suggest publish to only 1 Dwg file
4. Use command DED with option Home.
5. Enjoy your result.
May be have a short clip to show ?
P/s: @Hai: có phải bác là admin ARCHICAD VIET không ? ^^
-----
This is my tuts: https://streamable.com/6b8bd8

GREAT SOLUTION......

SAVED US

Learn and get certified!