BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server Connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am unable to connect to the BIM server. It makes me work offline.
How can I reconnect?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I reconnect?

The BIM Server Control Center - says waiting to be stop? Why?
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
etomlins wrote:
How can I reconnect?

The BIM Server Control Center - says waiting to be stop? Why?
When the server says waiting for stop, that means it tries to stop its services. Usually this happens when you hit the stop button and it takes a few seconds until all three services can be stopped.

In case the state appears to be permanent the best is restarting the computer.

You can check these services in Activity Monitor:
- TeamworkServerInstance
- TeamworkServerManager
- TeamworkServerMonitorService

With regards to the DNS issue: Usually on Mac only environments there is no DNS server, so DNS names might not work in all circumstances. In many cases Apples bonjour technology works well with the server, but there are network situation where a DNS name/IP address is needed.

A couple of ideas to address this:
- try to use the IP address of the BIM Server when you connect to the BIM Server, the best is setting a static IP address for the BIM Server and using that. You only need to add the server once by IP address, from this point it will remember it.
- if you prefer to use the DNS name of the computer over the IP address: set up a DNS server, for example the OS X Server application has a DNS server component, this can be purchased in the Mac App Store

Let us know, how your server works after the restart, and whether using the IP address helped to connect to the server.

Regards,
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Learn and get certified!